Advice on putting LO in own room.

LoopyLouize

Reaction score
I have decided to try Harlow in her cot in her own room for the first time tonight and so far 2 hours in.. It isn't going so well! She really really doesn't like it!

I didn't think she would hate it this much as she has never been in a Moses basket, only a crib, so I thought a crib is similar looking with the bars on etc..

I still have the crib in my room and I am tempted to just put her back in it.

What do you reckon? Do you think I should stick it out before it becomes even harder to put her in it or do you think she is to young to be in her own room?

Also, any tips on getting her to settle in it would be appreciated lol

X

What I did with charlie was put him in his own cot and room for naps only and at night in our room in his crib. I also played with him in there during the day for an.hour or so for a week so he got familiar with the surroundings x

Also does she have a mobile or anything in her crib that you could move to the cot so its familiar x

Can u get the crib in her room with the cot still in ? We put the mose basket in Rheas room for few nights before we moved her into the cot xxx

Good idea! Never thought of doing it that way. She did have a 30 minute nap in her cot earlier today but I put her in it whilst she was already asleep so she got a shock when she woke up lol.

She's stopped whining now but I can still hear her fidgeting and kicking! She's usually fast asleep at 8.15!! X

Can u get the crib in her room with the cot still in ? We put the mose basket in Rheas room for few nights before we moved her into the cot xxx

Yeah I suppose I could just about fit it in, I will try that actually tonight if she doesn't settle!

The problem with the crib is she kicks out in her sleep and rattles the crib and wakes us both up! She's a right little fidget! X

If she just fidgeted and that but not crying or unhappy id leave her be she is probably just getting used to the extra room . Kayla was like that first couple of nights in the cot bed it took hour or 2 to nod off now she goes to sleep within half hour

could you put something in her cot that smells of you??? make her feel secure?? james has one of my tops he snuggles into at bed time when he's drifting off xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back