Looks like I might be jumping the queue.....!!

EllieBelle

Reaction score
Well went for my MW appointment and was subsequently sent straight to the hospital for a presentation scan.........and yes bubs is still very much breech, his head is so tightly tucked under my right ribs, and he is sidewards on - with his bum down on the left hand side.

So..........I have been booked in for a c-section on Jan 16th, a week earlier than his due date!

Which means in 15 days we should finally get to meet our little boy!!! :D

A c-section was not on my birth plan :) , but to be honest Im not worried about it at all, and just want a healthy & happy baby!

Of course there is always the small chance he will still turn........or I might go into labour earlier than 39 weeks, which then changes all the plans again - oh the joys of child birth - you just cant guarantee anything :D

oh wow thats good news then at least you know where you stand now and have a more accurate date for your baby boy coming into the world.

bet your excited now.

Glad you are happy about it- must be nice to have a date set!! :D
At this rate, I'll still be pregnant!!

Glad you have something in place now hun, shame that the lil bugger is breech but some babies just like to be up the right way and apparently (according to my nan) breech babies are often the prettiest lol :)

we wouldnt walk around on our heads lol

:hug: :hug: :hug: I'm not sure whether you would rather know the date you are having your LO or if you want him to turn??? My older son did turn exactly a week before he was born and he was 8 lb 2 oz so not a small baby.....

Good luck either way honey.

Jane x

Well in a way it must be nice to have an actual date in mind and of course not to have the worry about a painful labour before they decide on a C section anyway which is what I always think is particularly unfair (oh to have a crystal ball eh?!). My very good friend had a very bad time of it with her first baby and ended up with an emergency section after a nightmare first bit of labour, the second time she elected for one (in fact she had an emergency one even earlier anyway as she developed that liver thing when you have itchy skin) but anyway she was so laid back and happy about it because she knew that it was going to happen and kind of when too.

I'd keep that in mind hun, personally I'd be more worried if they were going to wait and see!

+++

Thanks everyone.........

Its still all a bit uncertain, as even if he turns just before I go into the operating theatre I will be sent home - so just because the date is booked for him to arrive, doesnt actually mean it will go to plan :(

For the past few weeks I have just needed to know whats likely to happen, so I can focus properly and prepare myself, but unfortunately until the morning of the 16th - Its all still a bit of a guessing game - there is nothing I can do about it though!

Hope everyone is feeling well and that all overdue babies arrive very soon :hug:

oooh oooh oooh, good luck...

and let me know if he comes out with a slanted head..? Corey was breach the whole time, but no one noticed dispite me telling them he hadnt turned when they said he had. Anyways, because he'd grown that way up in my ribs his head was slanted because it hadnt been able to grow as my rib was in the way lol.

Poor thing got my cuppa on his head for 9 months LOL.

(Dont worry, after a few weeks Corey's head looked totally normal...)

CoreysMummy said:
oooh oooh oooh, good luck...

and let me know if he comes out with a slanted head..? Corey was breach the whole time, but no one noticed dispite me telling them he hadnt turned when they said he had. Anyways, because he'd grown that way up in my ribs his head was slanted because it hadnt been able to grow as my rib was in the way lol.

Poor thing got my cuppa on his head for 9 months LOL.

(Dont worry, after a few weeks Corey's head looked totally normal...)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: sorry but that sounds funny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back