Looks like cholestasis is back

nazmomi

Reaction score
damn itchiness!!!

Been feeling itchy for the past week but put it down to coming into the mother and baby unit and change of water etc. The doctors did routine blood tests when I got here and told me today my liver enzymes are quite high and they have spoken with obstetrician who is almost certain that the oc has come back.
I have to go and see them (on charlies birthday as if it wasn't bad enough that I was celebrating it here!!) and have a scan to see how little olivia is doing.
At least I wont have to travel to have bloods done as they can check them regularly here on the unit so I suppose thats one positive.
Really is true that it never rains but it pours :(

oh no, im sorry hun.. But at least they have found out and can monitor and control it

Thats one thing i don't miss - the itching! oh and the daily trips to hospital :wall:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

HI, im not in this tri as just had my baby but just wanted to say i symphasise with you hun, i had this from 28 weeks and its just awful isnt it. Much worse than people think-i scratched all bloody night! I tried all kinds but nothing worked for me really. Hope you find something. :hug:

Also..did you have it with earlier pregnancies? I never with my first but did with my second. Then they told me ill defo have it in any further pregnancies.

I didnt have it with my first 2 but did with my last. At least being in hospital anyway should make checking bloods etc easier. I'd told myself to expect it so I'm not too shocked, it's just last thing I need at the min.
Nice to know there are others who can understand the itch though!! ya just can't know unless you've been there!!

nazmomi said:
I didnt have it with my first 2 but did with my last. At least being in hospital anyway should make checking bloods etc easier. I'd told myself to expect it so I'm not too shocked, it's just last thing I need at the min.
Nice to know there are others who can understand the itch though!! ya just can't know unless you've been there!!

It is a weird type of itch isn't it... OH doesn't seem to quite understand that even though i wake up itching im not overly worried as it isn't the same type of itching.

Ive still got my fingers crossed i stay OC free this time around. ive got further this time already with my bloods staying below the scary levels! Ive been told the chances it could come back are as high as 90%...

Did you find it came around earlier this time around?

I know about it earlier but my levels were in the 700's before it was picked up last time, so I think it's just that routine blood test has picked it up before getting that bad.
Fingers crossed that you stay OC free this time :hug:

sorry its come back hun :hug: :hug:

praying its not as bad as last time :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back