Logan Olivers birth 2/8/13

shatinahan

Reaction score
Finally got on here after a busy 11 days !
Thursday 1st August 12.30 am- In bed and waters break with a pop and gush,am getting mild contractions,so go over to the hospital,they confirm waters have broke.Am monitored and shows I am getting tightenings and small contractions,but these slowly dwindle away to nothing.So am sent home about 8am to await the start of labour.Or if nothing happens,to be induced at 1pm on Friday 2nd August.
Wait all day - nothing
Friday 2nd August - about 12.30 am again-small contractions again,that are every 3 minutes,phone hospital eventually about 2am as still ongoing.They said as waters have been broke over 24 hours now,come in and we will get you on antibiotics,as the risk of infection to baby and me are now high.
2.30 am - Examined and only 1cm dilated and contractions wearing off again.Given antibiotics by drip .Being monitored and during small tightenings/contractions babies heartbeat has been dipping,so they give me saline aswell.
5am-Given gel to induce labour,and labour speeds up pretty quick after this.Contractions getting stronger and at 8am ask for paracetemol quickly followed by gas and air.I'm examined around this time and am now 5cm dilated.Things move pretty quick from here and at 9.19 am Logan is born. Don't think the midwives realised it would be this quick as the delivery trolley was still outside and the midwife had to ring bell for a second midwife to be present on delivery. I only actually gave about 3/4 pushes and he was out weighing 6lb 4 oz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back