Braydons delievery story - VERY LONG but plz read

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
Baby Braydon and Sarah’s diary!

Braydon was 5 days late and was born on the 28th of September 2005 at 3.27 pm.

28th September 2005:
I had few pains in the middle of the night but didn’t think anything of it I thought it was just a bit of wind but when I woke up in the morning I was still having pains but still thought it was wind, so I thought id have a bath to see if that helped but it didn’t really so I realised that it was contractions and my baby was on its way. So while the contractions wasn’t that bad I decided to cope without telling mum and dad for as long as possible so I decided to watch a bit of television and to go on the internet to take my mind of, of it. At ten thirty they were starting to get worse so I rang mum to ask her to come home in half hour to put my tens machine on, so in the mean time I thought I would have another bath but mum in true mum fashion only managed to last fifteen minutes at this time my contractions were 5 mins apart and lasting for 30 sec, so mum decided to tell all the family that I was in labour at long last lol, when she spoke to Susie (my aunt) she asked if it was ok if she came round and I said that it was ok.
After mum had finished ringing everyone she put my TENS machine on it was lucky as we has only tested it the night before. At this time my contractions were about 4 mins apart and lasting about 40 seconds but I was still finding that I was able to cope with them with the TENS machine, but mum decided to make sure that my bag and the babies bag had everything that we needed in it for the hospital, then dad got home at about one and I decided it was about time that I needed to go to hospital so I got dressed as I was still in my dressing gown after I had had the bath. the contractions were now about 3 mins apart lasting for 50 sec so by now I really felt I needed to go to hospital so after dad had the pleasure of taking a few pictures of me whilst having an contraction then we went to the hospital by now the time was quarter to two – when we got to the hospital the midwife talked to me about my birth plan I said that I was willing to have anything lol she then put me on to a Baby heart monitor and me a Blood pressure monitor. At 2.30 the midwife did an internal while mum and dad were outside having a cigarette and we discovered that I was only 3 cm dilated I was very disappointed as I had been in labour since early that morning and thought you go a cm an hour and was expecting to be more 7 – 8 cm dilated so it made each contraction worse as I was worrying, when mum and dad came back they couldn’t believe that I was only 3 cm dilated either.
At 2.45 I felt like I really needed to go to the toilet but the midwife just said it was the babies head doing it to me, but I was adamant that I needed to go to the loo so in the end the midwife gave in and let me go to the loo, well I was on the loo I felt something fall out of me lol, so I called my mum and she told the midwife to come in and sed it was just my membranes and she pushed the panic button to get someone in to help her but that made me panic and they tried to persuade me to go back to the bed it took them about 5 mins to persuade me, when I got back to the bed they attached me back to the monitors and did another internal where we discovered that I had gone from 3 cm dilated to fully dilated so they told me when I got another contraction to start pushing by this time it was 3.15 and the midwife said I would have my baby by 4 0’clock. At this time my blood pressure was getting higher and the babies heart beat was getting lower – but then I had another contraction so I had to push, after the contraction had gone I kept noticing that the midwife kept looking with a very worried look on her face at the monitor which made me panic again then I had another contraction and pushed again i did this with a total of 4 sets of pushes and my baby was born at 3.27 a baby boy what we all wanted and it had gone so quickly me my mum and my dad were all in tears. Whilst I was having my first cuddle with braydon I asked the midwife why she kept looking at the monitor and she said that my blood pressure had reached 270 / 120 and /90 was counted as dangerous and that Braydon heart beat had dropped to 60, she then asked me what I was going to call him and I said Braydon Andrew, then the midwife took him away to check he was all ok. And a doctor checked me to see if I needed stitches I did at first the doctor thought id have to go to theatre as i had severe tears then she asked another doctor to come in and we found out that I wouldn’t have to go to theatre whilst they did the stitches I had to have gas and air as they couldn’t put local anaesthetic in all the places they needed to! After they had stitched me up which seemed to take a life time I could cuddle Braydon again and tried to feed him he latched on straight away and spent nearly an hour feeding and having ‘skin to skin’ time the midwife went to speak to the doctor to see if it was ok if I went home but they wanted me to stay in to make sure my blood pressure stayed stable, then I let mum and dad have a cuddle while I went to have a shower, when I came back I cuddled Braydon while mum and dad sorted out my bags then we went to the ward! A difficult and worrying few hours but all worth it and I had no pain relief apart from for the stitches which made me feel like holding right there right then so very proud of both of us!!

Wow Sarah, no pain relief!!! Sounds like you did fantastic hun!!

Congratulations to you and your family.

P.s. Braydon is a lovely name. xx

Congratulations Sarah on the birth of baby Braydon. As a person who can't handle getting their ears pierced without feeling very scared I think you are very brave. I want to use gas and air and a TENS machine, hope I find them as good as you did xxx

Big well done to you, you didn't have to persuade me to read every single word. I was hooked!

No pain relief! You must be over the moon!

Well done you!!!

Well done Sarah that was a lovely birth story. I hope mine's like that. You stayed so calm!

Congratulations on the birth of Braydon Andrew, I can't wait to have my little girl now - especially after thinking about the skin contact time.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, that's great congrats, hope mine goes that easy - and well done with no pain relief!

xxxxxxxxxxx

welld one and congratulations! can't wait to see pictures of the new arrival! :D

Awww, that was lovely. Congratulations and a big well done for having no pain relief. Hope I can do the same when my time comes.

Nicki.x :D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back