LO gone really quiet :O(

Moofa

Reaction score
Hi

I know it sounds silly and I have read posts about this before but since Sunday LO has gone very quiet (usually very active kicking) and I don't feel pregnant :?

Is this normal around 23 weeks?

Mx

:hug: I'm sure everything is fine but if you're worried it's best to call your midwife just to put your mind at rest. I often have a few quiet days and it's usually when she's growing, I notice mt belly has popped out even more and the she starts kicking like anything again! Also sometimes they shift into a position that is harder to feel the kicks, so it could be that.

Your not silly at all :hug: Try sitting down for 30 minutes, have an ice cold drink and sit quietly and see if you feel LO kick, if not then give your midwife a call as thats what she is there for, best to get these things checked rather than sit and worry :hug:

Hi

Thanks. I think LO must of read my post. Been kicking like mad, especially on my bladder for the past 10 mins phew!

I was getting worried thanks for the support

:hug: :hug:

Mx

:hug: take it from someone who spent 3 hours sat in hospital yesterday your not being sillt.
I never thought i'd worry so much about lack of movement but i was going out of my mind and they showed me how shes moved and where to and explained why i couldnt feel her and it's such a relief, and they didnt make me feel silly for worrying.
Were you feeling the rolling sensation before?? Because i realised that although i couldnt feel any kicks yesterday i was getting the sick feeling i get when she rolls around lots but i couldnt feel her rolling either.
If baby doesnt start moving soon you could just ring your midwife, its better to be like that and find out everything is fine then ignore it and worry. :)

Hi

Yesterday I could feel LO move, well it felt like a caterpillar moving and tickling across my tummy so I guess that LO may have moved into a position where the kicks could not be felt. Kicking like mad at the mo so think LO knows it was upsetting me and kicked me to say I'm still here :wave:

Currently crying at the mo, poor DH, keeps asking me what is wrong and I have to explain it is hormones :hug:

Hope you are ok Claire?

Mx

Glad the worry is over hun. It's nerve wracking when that happens... I haven't felt proper movements yet but have been feeling pokes, prods and some kind of moving around and I didn't feel much for a day or two so I was worried too. Laid on my back last night, had a gentle feel around and it's almost like baby's read my thoughts and had tried to reassure me that he/she is there all day today!! xx

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
They do say its not the amount of kicks, but when. Isaac was never a big mover at this stage, but was always there with a good morning kick, so maybe see if your LO has a fave time for moving, and make a note of sitting still and waiting for it each day, that will ease your mind for future quiet times, but obviously they can change times too hehe Lo's move lots but we're usually active and don't notice it, but your worry is perfectly normal, I'm sure everyone has moments where they think, 'When did LO last move?' Very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/a ... ements/#22

Yeah I think they do settle into a bit of a 'kicking routine' around now. Mine is very quiet in the morning but wakes up at lunchtime, goes quieter in the afternoon then wakes again after dinner at 7 and stays awake until the small hours!!! All I can say is I hope it isn't going to continue that pattern after birth!!!

It is worth noting the movement times!

Hi

Thanks for the advice :hug: :hug:

LO started to move loads last night and really really stamped on my bladder. This morning at about 7.15am started up again and I sat and watched my tummy bounce for ages :D

Such a relief

Mx

Hi Moofa,

Really glad to hear littleun's doing a workout!!! I think every pregnant woman must go through the same worry at some point - this is my third and I still worry if I don't feel anything for a while (worried yesterday morning as I'd woken up on my back, had a horrible pain in on side of my pelvis, and hadn't felt any movement for the whole morning.....but not for long!!!)

Thanks. Yeah LO was active yesterday again. Only till Saturday and I will be 24 weeks :cheer: :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back