Here is some of the answers to natural induction...

Yvonne

Reaction score
You may have already heard of these and some are the most common, but i didn't know why half of them were supposed to set you off.

# Orgasm. If your water has not broken, you could try intercourse: semen contains a small amount of prostaglandin, and orgasm causes oxytocin to flow. If your water has broken, oral or manual stimulation of the clitoris also can lead to orgasm, and thus to contractions.
# Nipple stimulation releases oxytocin: stroking nipples, using a breast pump, or oral stimulation. Discontinue if contractions come more than every four minutes, or last longer than one minute.
# Acupressure on spleen 6 point: lower leg, 4 finger-breadths above inner ankle bone. Apply pressure in on-off cycles of 10-60 seconds each for up to 6 cycles.
# Enema or castor oil. Bowel contractions may stimulate uterine contractions. This isn’t pleasant, so usually only used to avoid medical induction methods.

I have never heard of the accupressure one before, so i will be trying that tonight

Am i also right in thinking that most labours start at night while you are asleep as that when your body releases the most hormone???

Don't know if any of these were any good but i thought i would post them anyway. :D

I thought you were giving up on all this and going to wait to start natrualy lol :p

i am
:wink:

I was looking on the internet to find out whether effacement has to take place before labour starts or whether you can go into labour while it is happening.

I am in agony with period pain and i don't know if it is the start of labour or just everything getting ready. It is worse than i've had before.

I really want to ring the hospital and ask them if it could be labour in the hope they will take me in and check dilation...... But our hospital only take notice when you are screaming at them down the phone with pain.

I am having a painful tightening now as i type it has lasted 36 seconds but they have been like that all day. It's tiring me out!!!

Is it just me or does it drain you when it goes on like this for days?? :(

lol im the same, every morning when i wake up still fat i tell jase we are not trying anything else, pineapples, sex, etc coz it doesnt work, then night comes and im trying them all again :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back