Lip tie

catty1

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have experience of lip ties? I was poking around in Owens mouth today looking for teeth while he was asleep and I noticed that his top lip is completely attached between his front teeth which have a big gap between them. I then made the mistake of googling which mentioned needing orthodontic treatment when older for the gap but also significant speech problems and delays.
Does anyone have a lo with this? What has your experience been, should I be worried?

No idea either hun. Could you contact your HV? x

I would suggest getting in touch with your local bf group as they would more than likely be able to point you in the right direction as lip and tongue ties really restrict bfing. I'm not sure how it works with an older child but I'm sure they'll know :)

Hey hun,
I had this and from what mum told me it didn't have any impact on me feeding/eating or speaking. My dentist/orthodontist were more informative. I was going to have a little op to separate the lip bit from my gum (as there was a big gap between my front teeth). But it actually righted itself when i was about seven. Not sure this is of much help to you. But I would prob take him to the dentist and see what they say xxxx

Hi catty my lo has this to and my hv said the teeth will come through as normal and not to worry xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back