Light sleeping = brain development??

hellywelly

Reaction score
Did I read this somewhere on here??

Over the past couple of days E has gone from sleeping like the dead to being woken up by the sound of a mouse fart!! She is also really resisting sleeping in the day and when she does it seems very restless with flailing arms etc.

I thought it was my fault for letting her fall asleep and nap on me sometimes and that she had developed a bit of a problem sleeping elsewhere, but she is still going into her crib ok at night.

She is now 6 weeks and has really started to do lots more stuff (e.g. the (odd!!) smile, finding her mouth with her fist, some 'talking' etc.) so is this all consolidated during her sleep?? Someone mentioned a book - wonder weeks?? Wondered if it was worth getting to help explain some of this stuff so if anyone has it and would recommend it I'd be interested. Many thanks as usual ladies!!

My boy must be a genius then haha!

I have the iPhone app but that doesn't go in to loads of detail but it's still good.

I bought the wonder weeks and love it! It helps me know what is normal development and suggests activities that babies at each age enjoy. It is also nice to know why they are going through a fussy period :)

Yeah that is what I read about the light sleep meaning that their brain is developing!! My boy is going to be a genius the way he is going at the min!! Lol!! They also wake up earlier in their naps during this phase as it is harder for them to go into the deep sleep phase, also why they are generally more grumpy at this stage coz they dont get as much deep sleep!!
xxx

Albert's exactly the same! Although if there's a big noise, like dropping something heavy he doesn't even flinch, but I dropped one of his dummies on the laminate floor the other day and you would have thought the house had exploded :shock: his arms flew up, he spat his other dummy out and screamed the fecking place down.

He's finding his voice, his hands and also his feet although he hasn't managed to grab one yet. The last time I was in that position was on the way home from a good night out lol

Albert's exactly the same! Although if there's a big noise, like dropping something heavy he doesn't even flinch, but I dropped one of his dummies on the laminate floor the other day and you would have thought the house had exploded :shock: his arms flew up, he spat his other dummy out and screamed the fecking place down.

He's finding his voice, his hands and also his feet although he hasn't managed to grab one yet. The last time I was in that position was on the way home from a good night out lol

Haha my stomach rumbling woke Tyler up once!!

My boy must be a genius then haha!

I have the iPhone app but that doesn't go in to loads of detail but it's still good.

Not only does AJ have the hair of Einstein but he must have the mind too cos my breathing is enough to wake him sometimes!!!!!!!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back