Libbie's consitpated - any tips plse!!!!

lisas_lil_girl

Reaction score
Libbie's not been for 4 days normally every day twice a day. i give her plenty of water during her meal time at lunch time. shes putting sooo much effort into it but no luck, shes been quiet unsettled cos of it yesterday and today.

i noticed a few weeks ago on here about ellas kitchen spinach food - ive tried that and no luck at all. i have just put her in the bath and she strained loads and just blew out massive farts that absoultly stank!!!!!! she often cries wen shes about to fart.

i would really appreicate some tips if anyone has got any plse!!!!

when Ash first went onto solids, he was very badly constipated for about 2 weeks. During that time he would go 6 days between poos. And be very upset when straining.

The only thing that worked for us was glycerol suppositories. You can get them from the chemist. They odn't contain any chemicals, literally only glycerol, so they just lubricate the anus and also the insertion kind of gets things going.

We had to use them twice or three times I think. Thankfully, he's now got the hang of it and he's going usually at least once a day.

K.xx

thanks for that. i had to take her to emergency doctors today as she was straining really bad and absoultly screamed! :( poor thing i got very worried. but the doctor was really happy with her. id given her some water earlier today that had a tiny bit of brown sugar in it and shes been able to pass a few lil en's! i must of looked like a right wolly taking her to him and he sed she was perfectly healthy and didnt want to give her lactulose because he didnt want her to b dependant on it. he sed just to carry on what im doin and she will pass it. its upset her a few more times since i saw him but it didnt stop her poohing in tha bath, something she hasnt done sicne she was tiny. but im happy that she isnt having meds and is at least having something coming out!! xx

Glad she seems to be over the worst.

We did get some lactulose for Asher aswell, but he really didn't like it so more of it ended up on his clothes than in his mouth. And I don't think it was very effective anyway.

The good thing about the suppositories is that becasue they're not oral, the babies can't get dependent on them. I would advise just getting some and having them in the house, just in case. There's nothing worse than your baby screaming in pain and you having to drive to the chemist and come back before you can help them.

Sometimes, they just have one impacted poo at the end of the intestine and this is stopping all the rest of it coming out. Once that one is moving, then everything else follows. The prob is, if they can't get the impacted one out then the body draws more and more water from it and it gets harder and harder making things much worse.

Hope your LO doesn't have any more problems.

K.xx

millie was breasf-fed so was never constipated til she went on solids, but on occasion if she hadnt been i would give her cooled boiled water- that worked a treat! :lol:
when she was first weaned her poo's were difficult for her- i suppose its a shock having to pass a lump when ur used to just letting out a big splat! i watched her do one once and she cried as she did it, broke my heart! (and not coz i had to clean it up lol!)
nowadays i give her diluted fresh orange juice or pineapple juice.
good luck glad shes got a little out hope shes feeling a bit more comfortable now!

monday tuesday and wednesday no trouble at all and i think she got rid of her 5 days worth!! lol. now its gone back all dry. im trying to give her cooled boiled water and watered down pear juice and she hates it!!!!

normally i put her in her bouncy chair and she goes for england and that didnt even work. ill just have to see how shes goes over the next few days! xx

Yeah, that's the prob we found with Ash. He wouldn't drink the cooled boiled water or diluted fruit juice. He just chewed the teat/sippy cup!

Now he's on solids I make sure he has fruit puree with his breakfast and then again for dessert with his lunch. He seems to like that.

k.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back