Colic

*Hope*

Reaction score
Who has any experience of it. any tips? products or strategies?

i find walking in the pram, and giving her a bath usually helps.

shes only just had it a week is that normal? im assuming its that. she has such trouble bringing up her wind. i can hear the bubbles in her tummy. she cries every day at the same time (from about 4 or 5) till she goes to bed at around 7 :( i can see shes so uncomfortable bless her. she also wakes at 4am every morning in the most pain. but she doesnt cry then she just makes loud uncomfy noises but cant sleep or eat (even though she would be due a feed)

finley suffers with colic. he is alot better now but his started when he was about week and half old. he would constantly scream from 7pm until 10pm. i changed his bottles to dr brown 1's and gave him infacol before every feed.these are some tips hv gave me 2 get his wind up
-sit him completeley up right back straight and rock his body from side 2 side. she said this helps the air bubbles to travel with the movement.
-lie him on my knee face down. the pressure on his belly helps release wind
-sit him in a up right chair, rocking 1 if poss
-put him over my shouder, she said really over lol so his belly neally on my shoulder.again the presure on his belly helps.
-i find a dummy sometimes help soothe him. he never has it any other time he spits it out but when he's really suffering he really sucks on it
-movement helps.wen he constantly screams throughtout the day ive bought a cheap baby carrier. i put him in that just so i can get a few jobs done. the movement helps

dont worry it'll get better promise. finley is brill at getting his wind up now. alls i have 2 do is hold him up right his back straight, dont even have 2 rub his back and he'll burp

hope this helps xx

Last edited:
Sounds like colic :( Paige is slowly coming out of her colic phase. Ive found the moby wrap invaluble with her wind, as soon as I start walking with her in it she'll just sit in it burping away, its great! When it was bad Id also give her infacol before every feed, 1 2/2 or 2 doses and also burp her every half an oz (yes it takes a while but means smaller wind bubbles :) ). I also burped her over my shouler and walked around bouncing at the same time. Oh! and when shes sleeping I roll up a small blanket and put it under her so that shes slightly on her side, as I found she didnt sleep very well and got uncomfortable at night on her back.

You might have already tried some of these but I figure Id just say everything I did/do. She still gets the odd bad night (like last night) but I think Im going to give her gripe water if she seems distressed, instead of infacol before every feed. x

Try dentinox honestly it's so much better then infocol! X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The doc just prescribed some colic drops. is that dentinox??x

and thankyou lovelies , great tips

my GP was next to useless, ended up with a prescription for infacol again... and babies often cry for no reason :wall2: am guessing when my baby sounds as though he is in pain, brings his knees up so high and only settles tummy down it is nothing...

the chemist suggested something though when I went to get it. the disposable bottles, they can be made up so there is no air in them...

oh really. never heard of those, sound cool!

I have seen them, boots I think, the larger stores. I think they are labeled as travel bottles if I am thinking of the right things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have cut out dairy and have eliminated Matt's colic, Im breastfeeding though. I think formula is derived from cow's milk (I think..?) and so maybe adding Colief to the milk might help as it breaks down the lactose to which an intolerance of is related to colic.

HAVE STARTED COLIEF :) Had a pretty good night. SHE ATE MORE THAN EVER!! guess her tummy was more comfy so she could. bless her. thankyou everyone x

I used colief and it helped a bit, but I have now switched to aptimil comfort and zach is much more content. Xxx

Has anyone tried colocynth? I have tried Infacol and Changed her bottles to Nuk bottle (from boots) and also she is on Aptamil Comfort...my wee angel is 6 wks old...good to know I'm not the only one struggling, altho sometimes feels that way as I'm sure it does for all of you too! ps im new to this so please bear with me! x

Last edited:
Has anyone used colocynth granules? I've been told theyr great and would try anything to help my daughter stop crying with pain! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back