LH surge & how often to BD?

heyyJude82

Reaction score
Now im in the 2ww my mind is working over drive thinking did we do enough to finally get a BFP this month. I know, I know I should be trying to relax and put it out of my mind but I find it impossible! So the main question that is running through my mind is -

When you get you're LH surge confirmed by OV stick & CBFM is BDing once a day enough? Or should we be doing it more than once a day to catch the eggie?

This month I got Peak Reading from CBFM on day 16 & 17. Smiley Face on OV digi stick on day 17. We BD on days 11,13,15,16,17,18 & 19.

So basically what id love to find out is How many times a day do you girls BD once LH surge occurs?

Thanks in advance for reading and helping to ease my 2WW brain.

X j

Once a day I would have thought is fine, especially if you've managed to BD before and after the surge as sperm can live for a few days providing the conditions are right.

Too much can possibly lower the quality/quantity so I personally wouldn't want to BD more than once a day.

I'm planning to BD before and after the surge. :)

FX for the 2WW!

x

Last edited:
with my DD we only BD on the day I got my positive opk - hadn't for days before and didn't for days after - so that once was all it took :) so I wouldn't worry too much

you dont want to try that many days as it can weaken the sperm hun. when you ovulate i would only have sex once every other day xx

I got my smiley face on Valentines day so we dtd 14th, 15th and 16th Feb!

xxxxxxx

everything I've read is every other day. you can bed once a day but the sperm quality won't be as good.

Sent from my shit hot phone! Fo shizzle home girls.

with my DD we only BD on the day I got my positive opk - hadn't for days before and didn't for days after - so that once was all it took :) so I wouldn't worry too much

I should also add, we bd the day before, day of and day after my + opk the cycle before I got pregnant - so every day didn't do it for us, lol

ive done it every day in a row for 4 days and going to for the next 2 days as got pos o test today so think ill be out this month as done it to much and sperm prob be nothing xx

Well girls I got AF this morning so it looks like BDing everyday doesn't work for me either! Oh well new month, new plan.
X j

sorry to hear you got Af :( what's your new plan?

Well girls I got AF this morning so it looks like BDing everyday doesn't work for me either! Oh well new month, new plan.
X j
Hi iwant3 -
Thanks for commiserations! Im feeling really gutted. Really thought I was in with a shot this month after using CBFM, Digi OV sticks, lots of BDing on Peak, High & Smiley face days but big fat NO the witch still got me.

As for a new plan for the month well, OH & I are heading to see doctor tomorrow evening. I've already had my 21 day bloods come back normal, so we need to make sure all is well with him now. I plan to use the CBFM again and maybe try the digi sticks a few times a day around when I usually OV to see how long my actual window is. Apart from those things my main plan for this month is to try harder to relax and not over think it all.
Best of luck to you Hun x j
X j

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back