Leg Cramps

louxlouxbellex

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I'm suffering from the worst leg cramps ever during the night I'm actually waking up in agony because my calf muscle is in a total spasm. Its happening almost every night & I can feel it starting to happen so if I wake up before the pain starts properly I can massage my calf & stretch & it but sometimes I don't actually wake up until it's full blown cramp, it's so sore :cry: Its bad enough getting up at 5 times a night for the toilet never mind this!

I've heard it can be due to not enough calcium & to eat a banana before bed. I'm gonna try that tonight.

Has anyone else suffered from this? If so how are you coping with it?

Lou x

It also helps to make sure you're hydrated before you go to bed. I get this regularly and the best thing to do (if you're a light enough sleeper) is as soon as you become aware of the cramping starting and start waking up point ur toes UP and stretch your leg! If you point them down I guaruntee you it will cramp instantly in unbelievable pain and then remaining strained for about 3 days :wall:

Trick is to stretch the muscle out by pointing your toes up and if you feel like you want to give it a little massage then do that as well but not while ur toes are pointing downwards :wink:

Thanx girls! I knew I'd get the sickness, heartburn & weight gain but had no idea about cramps, flippin agony!

Yup drink water and munch a couple of bananas. Potassium intake IIRC from them.

I'm exactly the same! IAlso if I stretch my legs out when I wake
up, they completely lock and I have to jump out of bed as I
feel they could snap :shock:
I do drink alot of water so I may try a banana. I thought it
may have been the way the baby was lying?

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back