Leg cramp ahhhh!!!

Tasha20

Reaction score
:cry: :cry: Oh its so horrible this is the 5th time ive had it when I wake up :cry: it hurts so much, I didnt catch it in time again and it was too late to wiggle me toes.

This morning was the worst ive ever had thought my leg was going to tear into little pieces. :x

It still hurts now after all of that, im not only walking like a duck im now walking like a duck with a wooden leg :(

Never experienced leg cramps before pregnancy, I think its one of the worst things I have ever had throughout the pregnancy, I can cope with the pelvic pain but not leg cramps :shakehead:

i had a horrible cramp in my leg too tasha, half my leg went blue!!

had to go a&e, was sat waiting for 5hours to b seen then they jus said to come back the next week for a ultrasound to see wot was wrong grrrr!!

i dont know if there are any cures for it tbh, i just kept walkin around so blood could circulate after id got out of bed!

I have been getting them too and they are so painful. My leg hurts for days after! I only have to point my toes in bed and it starts. Don't know anything that helps them.

I don't think there is anything either :( I try and not stretch in the morning but sometimes I forget and its too late :(

Kay that sounds awful, bloody typical of hospitals tho isnt it :x

I have a medical condition called compartment syndrome.. One of the symptoms is that I get severe leg cramps. ( Like the ones described by you ladies) when your leg goes blue and contracts so much there seems to be no blood supply!

Doctors have advised me to drink plenty of bitter lemon ( cheap versions) as they have quinine in them ( Swepps have removed the quinine so don't buy) Also ensure that you have enough salt in your diet.. ( everyone always says to avoid salt but you have to have a small amount as not having enough contributes to cramping!) Also keep yourself well hydrated. Being dehydrated makes my cramps worse.

In the night if I wake with a cramp the ONLY thing that stops this is if hubby jumps out of bed :shock: and pushed my foot so that my toes come up... ie) stretching my calf. This has to be done slowly as sometimes it can hurt more... but when done it does take of the cramp.He often stands there for 20 minutes or more until it has completeley gone ( bless him!) Having said that even when this is done the next day my leg is so painful I can't weight bear. I have found that trying to stretch myself by standing up etc only makes this worse.

I have found that it is best to try and avoid getting the cramp in the first place but often you aren't sure what brings them on... especially in pregnancy!
I hope the above info is helpful.

Lyndsey

I had really bad leg cramps, I started eating more bananas as the MW said you should have stuff high in pottasium and it seemed to help!!

They are very painful though so I do sympathise. The best thing I think is putting your foot on a cold floor x

Thank you for the advice ladies is much appreciated, I shall try the suggestions and hopefully wont get them again :pray:

I do feel for you Tasha, I get them in the shower and they hurt so bad I cant move for a few seconds, mostly when I bend down tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back