Learning to ride a bike...

Katerz

Reaction score
Hey!

I was wondering if anyone has any tips and tricks on teaching kids to ride a bike.

OH's brother is 10 and has a bike but cannot ride it. He can pedal fine, he just has trouble keeping his balance and going in a straight line. He gets fustrated easily so gives up.

Please help!!

Thanks xxxxxxxx

stabilisers are a good idea. this helps to develop their confidence and also to go in a straight line. also holding the back of their bike when they're cycling to give them a sense of balance.

This is going to make me sound a real mean mummy.......
Harrison had stabilisers until he was 4 then when he reached 5 i took them off, me and my dad took him on the school field to the top of a hill and let him go, he has been able to ride his bike with no problems since that very day.
Of course it was grass and he had all his protection things on but that was the way my dad taught me and it worked for harrison aswell, as you have no choice you either fall off or you peddal to keep on........

Does that sound really evil........lmao

I remember when I first learnt to ride my bike, I had two stabilisers at first then my Mum took one off and then eventually took the other off and I practiced in the garden untill I was confident enough to go out on the pavements.

We took Jess out when she was 4 or 5 to a big field with a huge long path them took off her stabilizers off while we were there. She had to ride it home then! We just pushed her for the 1st few tries till she got her balance then she was off.

One day Mason just got it, we pushed him in a straight line a few times then with practice he just managed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back