Curious :)

DanDecMum

Reaction score
Just wondering what was/is your 2-2 1/2 year old doing ?? for example do they know colours, shapes, numbers, letters ect. How well do they talk, how physical are they things like jumping, climbing, riding a bike ect are they potty trained and if so how long and is it just day or day and night, how well do they manage with cups and cultery and their over all understanding.

I am curious to see how Dec fits in with kids his age and also I thought it would be a good talking point for other 2 year old mummies :)

Dec will be 2 1/2 in 2 weeks time and this is what he is up to

he knows his colours and shapes, he knows a few letters and can count to 10, he can identify a few numbers but he doesnt seem to be interested in letters or numbers at the moment so I am not going to push him.

His speech is coming on leaps and bounds (still a little behind) he nows speaks in complete sentences and can explain anything you ask him to.

He is very, very physical and can do most things that 4 year old can, he can tumble, ride a proper bike (with stablisers), he can ride a scooter and can climb on anything at all, he has even attempted to climb a tree ( a very big tree lol )

He has been potty trained since he was 21 months, and fully trained (day and night) from 23 months.

He is a pro at cups, glasses and culterly although he is going through a stage of wanting me to feed him :wall2:

Over all he understands everything, he can tell you if there is an emergency you ring 999, if you are lost tell the policeman, if you are sick you see a doctor. He can identify and make the sound for every animal including a fish sound lol ( he just opens and closes his mouth and says bob)

So thats Dec :) come on girls lets hear about all your wonderful 2 year olds, come and show them off and how smart they all are.

This is Dec :)

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 1
Katie knows how to count past 10

She can recognise a triangle, circle, square, rectangle, hexagon, oval

She knows her colours but this was hard for her to 'get', she's only just managed these the last 3 months or so :)

She can say the alphabet

She's starting to recognise a few numbers and letters (well we're teaching her these

She's into role play and loves bashing her pots in her kitchen :D

She can do a little bit of cycling on her trike

She can do forward rolling

Her speech is excellant, always has been and can hold a full conversation now

Her attention span also has came on so she can settle for a good while longer to do tasks without getting bored :yay: She can colour in for a good 30-40 minutes so I think thats excellant :D

She can drink from any cup and if you give her those little yogurt drinks she has good control not to spill

I've noticed her walking has changed, she's alot more steady and balanced and we're getting much less falls

She climbs everywhere on everything :roll: And I'm considering removing the gates as she's just about to learn how to hitch herself up and I've caught her with one leg on top :wall: We only have one gate on the house and don't have stairs in as yet but do have 2 '3 step' flights of steps in our dining room that she gets up and down without problems

We're still not potty trained but she's showing real signs of being close so I'm not concerned :)

And thats Katie 2 years and 7 months :love:

Theyr'e so clever! :love:

Sam's 25 months now and can count to 10 but sometimes missed out 8 :lol:

He knows red, green, blue, yellow, orange, pink, purple, brown, white and black.

We haven't really done shapes but he does recognise triangles, squares, stars.

He knows a few letters - m, s, d, a, c and recognises a couple of words written down.

His speech is good - he doesn't quite speak in whole sentences but will put several words together with a few little things missed out (like a, the etc). He never stops talking :lol:

He tries to climb on everything, jumps off the patio onto the grass and anything else he can find that isn't too high.

He loves cooking and will unscrew lids for me, stir things, attempt to chop things with his little knife (not sharp at all). He helps me make drinks in the morning - nothing hot but he'll spoon out daddy's coffee and sugar into a mug and puts a teabag in mine :cloud9:

When we go shopping I ask him to find things for me and he'll go and pick them up and put them in the trolley - I don't think there's much he doesn't understand, and I don't find random things in my trolley that he thinks I might need quite so often now :rofl:

He's not potty trained yet but he'll tell me when he needs a wee (but won't wee on the potty so I'm going to leave him a bit longer :lol:)

Belle is three in sept

she knows her numbers but can't get them in the right order all the time it's more like 1 2 5 6 8 10 so she misses a few out lol!!

She knows orange and orangey blue :rotfl: yellow and pink and is very good with blue although tries to stick orangey in front of it sometimes haha!

She knows circle or hoopish lol butterfly shapped, iangle for triangle haha heart and big! HahA

does all the noises of all the animals even says snap snap for a crocodile and snaps her arms like a mouth and stops for an elephant and waves her arm like a trunk wvwoooo lol!

She has been potty trained since 18 months in the day and was at night but she regressed when I had zander and Are still working on the night time now!!

She can't jump and thinks stNding on her tippy toes counts as a jump lol she walks fast for running ahaha :rotfl: but dances really well lol so over all not athletic

Drinks for a cup great and even has a cup of water in bed (normally don't get touched) but she has never spilt any when she does great with cutlery and rides around on her quad bike great

The alpherbet she sings a b c d e f z lol! But were getting there!

Sounds like they are all doing amazing, we have such clever 2 year old her :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back