lazy feeder - any advice?

erin

Reaction score
I've posted about my breastfeeding problems before. I had been having very painful lumps for almost 5 weeks, not really knowing the reason why. But now that things seem to be a bit better, I'm trying to go back to exclusively breastfeeding her (she used to feed from the breast for most of the time, but when I was in lots of pain I would express and give her that milk and supplement with formula if the EBM wasn't enough. The problem has always been that she is soooo lazy when she is on the breast that she doesn't suck very efficiently, she doesn't empty the breast (which could be the reason for me getting those painful lumps) and she can spend 1hour (maybe more if I let her) sucking and still not emptying the breast. As a result she is hungry again after an hour, an hour and a half! :(

I've noticed that when I feed her in bed (lying on my side) she is more efficient and usually empties the breast, but I really want her to do the same when I feed her sitting because I can't always feed her in bed (!). Any ideas on how to make her sucking more efficiently? Also, she is 2 months old now, I think spending 1 hour on my breast is not right, is it? She feeds every 3 hours max, if she spends 1hour on my breast + 15 minutes for burping (halfway and at the end), doesn't give me a lot of time to do other things.

I really want to keep breastfeeding her but it's very hard at times and things don't seem to improve. :( Any advice?

No advice really, Erin. I have the same problem with Daniel. And I also top him up with formula or EBM. Will be interesting to hear the answers. Just giving you these :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back