Later naptimes..ready to switch to one npa?

kitten2014

Reaction score
Hi guys our lil miss has always been a great night sleeper 7pm-7am ish and her naps have been 10 & 2, then 11 & 3 but recently she has moved to 11.30 and 4pm and today she didnt fall asleep til 5pm! She's still asleep now and her bedtime is usually 7.30...

does this mean she is ready to skip or is it because I had her out and about am and pm and she wanted wind down time when got home at 3? She is almost 10.5mths and know she will eventually skip a nap but have also read that when they do they need an earlier bedtime for a while tyo adjust, hubby doesnt get home til 6.30/7 so cant really do it atm but wanted to know peoples thoughts...also she has just started crawling, pulling to stand and walking with hands (literally all in space of last mth) and her naps have shifted from 20-45mins to 45-1.15mins average nap time...guessing the exercise is wearing her out...

Any thought/similar experiences would be great...

My son went to one nap at 10 months old. Argh, it was tough but he simply wasn't wanting two naps by that point.

My daughter doesn't really have a set nap time routine and we go by her signals. Still attempting 2.5 hour awake times which sometimes works but lately she has taken a while to settle.

My son at 10 months went down to one long nap at 2. He used to have the same routine as your little one, but he just started not wanting his 10am nap. He's now just turned 1 and does 2-3.30/4.

well she ventually woke at 7pm! We almost left her for the night! But then she woke screaming for her 3rd bottle lol and her bedtime was erm only a short while ago...sigh...hopefully it doesn't affect her night sleep we shall see I guess...Almost skipped t as well as usually do that around 5ish but when she woke at 7 was thinking thats the time she usually has her final bottle but she shared a bit of our chinese and ate some fruit lol...bless her...

the idea of dropping a nap is scary but will see how she goes over the coming days and weeks...some have said they flitter between 1 nap days and 2 nap days for a while...

ok so late bedtime failed, shes had 2hrs and is now screaming...d'oh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back