Last week here...and a crummy one it is!

cristie_gce

Reaction score
I am very excited to say that this is my last week before heading off to the third trimester. I only wish it were better. I have developed Carple Tunnel Syndrom (a type only present when you are pregnant). I have been unable to sleep throught the night for the past 3 weeks!! I wake up with the most aweful, painful burning aching in my hands! Has anyone else experienced this? What do I do?

oh bless you how crap that is. is there nothing they can give you to help?

have a great time over in the third trimester, your nearly there hunny :hug:

This happened to my friend in both of her wrists from 8 weeks of pg through until the end.

She was signed off work by her doc for the whole duration of the pg and had to wear wrist supports.

As soon as Dillon was born, it magically dissappeared!

Hope you feel a little better soon :hug:

Awwwww no I haven't had that happen to me. Do you need those wrist support things you can get, like bandages or something? I'm sure your gp will be able to help. Looking forward to seeing you in 3rd tri, and hope you can get some sleep soon :hug:

Yeah I got this last time round, the Doc refered me to a physio who gave me wrist splints. They keep your hands and wrists out straight to help prevent your muscles collapsing on the arteriey walls which is what causes the pain/numbness.

Make sure you only use these though and put them on losely, and not just bandage them up with support bandages as this will just make them worse as you will just be putting more pressure on the wrist ligaments.

Thanks everyone. I saw the Dr. yesterday and he suggested using a brace or rists splints, too. I tried this last night and noticed a world of a difference. Thanks for your comments. :)

glad you have found something that helps

Glad ur feeling a little better hun ur nearly there! :cheer:

Glad you got some decent wrist supports - see you very soon in 3rd tri!

Sassy, my due date actuall got changed to Valentine's day. I just haven't changed my due date. I am hoping for a sweetheart b/c of the Valentine's Day thing. LOL! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back