Last day of Maternity Leave :(

Sabrina

Reaction score
Today was my last day at home on Maternity Leave. :( I'm back to work full time tomorrow.

I feel kinda sad about it. :cry: Has anyone else felt like this? Aside from the prospect of leaving George every day I just feel sad the maternity bit is over. :| I have really enjoyed the last year off and am so glad I made the decision to spend this time with George. It has been a bit of a struggle financially but it's been great to be home. I think I'm a better person now I'm a mum to a little one again. :D

I just wanted to mark the occasion here. I've been here since the day I got my BFP. I've had some lovely support and great advice so thanks to all you ladies who remember me.

Bye bye Maternity Leave... hello working mum! :)

:hug:
Sabrina xx

Awww hope it's going well for you!

It is sad going back to work; kind of lik the end of an era but it's amazing how quickly you adapt.

All the best :hug:

Thanks :D It was a good day overall but quite tiring. I had a tension headache when I got home. Must have been all that thinking! LOL

hope everything was ok. i went back to work for 2 months but have been signed off now. i miss it really :(

:hug: :hug: :hug: Sabrina :hug: :hug: :hug: I sometimes forget I am fortunate to be a SAHM as I don't have to work, but sometimes would like something a day or two a week to have some adult time away from Isaac :oops: I'm sorry to hear you had a bit of a headache and I hope that doesn't happen again and that you enjoy both your time away from LO as you do time with him, very best wishes, I'll bet its so lovely coming home and seeing George, and your big baby too :D :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks clairescunny and redshoes

Yes it was really good coming home to George. He's always so happy to see me it softens the separation a bit.

I am going to try to cut down my days in the new year. At the moment I have 5 weeks holiday to use up so can take the odd day off if I get fed up. Actually I am off today as my mum is on hols and can't have George. :) So I'll be enjoying the sunshine as a SAHM again if only for one day.
:hug:

Hey Sabrina!

Its so lovely to see you posting again! I was rereading my pregnancy diary the other day and remembering what a fantastic support to me you were during our pregnancies.

I hope you stick around (for baby no. 3 - I know it might be on the cards sometime?) as I have missed you round these parts.

I hope work goes okay for you and your family life adjusts to fit your new routines. Thinking of you.

Valentine Xxx

Thanks Valentine :) :hug: I've missed you too. :D

All being well we'd love to have baby no.3 sometime during 2009. We'll just have to see how things go *fingers crossed*. In the meantime, I need to get some money for the mortgage so it's back to work! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannhknite
Back