Larger than average!

Terri1884

Reaction score
My second son (not biologically mine as my partner gave birth to him) is very big! He is 28 months and is in 4-5 clothes and weighs 42lb and a meter tall! To us he is gorgeous! He was only 7lb11.5oz born, and then just grew and grew and grew!!! His height and weight are both at the same level in his red book! About an inch above the 99.6 centile. We just see that the gene pool has made him like this! His bio mum is 5ft11in and the donor is over 6ft! Ever since he was 6 weeks when we took him to a paediatrician about his chest we have had sly comments from all health professionals and even told to put him on a diet! He is large but not fat! He hasn't got any spare tyres or rolls anywhere!! I am so over protective of him! I snap anyones head off that passes comment! Does anyone else have a much larger than average child! And experiencing negativity?

Personally I think each child grows differently and unless there's a serious problem with being overweight/underweight it shouldn't really matter as long as the child is healthy and happy!

My LO is 14 weeks old (10lb 1oz at birth) and is about to burst out of 3-6 month clothing!!! My OH is over 6ft tall and built like a bean pole and I'm 5ft 7 and of a larger build, so I guess she's always going to be larger than the 'average' size for her age!!!

people have made comments about j about him being a stocky lil man........ ort of back handed compliments...phils great he always has perfect timing and puts the person in their place! J takes after both our sides though.....the women are all really curvy - not fat by any standard but curvy and the males are all stocky!

My daughter feels heavier than she looks but she's healthy and active

My son was 10lb 0.5oz and at 13 weeks weighs 18lb but he doesn't look it and Is still in 0-3mth clothes.

As long as they are healthy, active and eat a balanced diet. Everyone's bodies are different

My boy was just under 8 lb at birth.but now btw 98th and 99,6th centile. But my DH is 6ft3.

I have had comments from HVs as well but i dont care, he is just a big boy and have you ever seen a baby on a diet?
Just because he ia not average doesnt mean there is something wrong

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back