Laparoscopy recovery times..

pinkcat

Reaction score
Hello,

I had my first appointment at the infertility clinic today. They have referred me for a laparoscopy in February. I am due to go away on holiday 2 weeks after this. Will I be fully recovered by this point? Do there tend to be complications with this?

Thanks for advice! x

You should be fine 2 weeks after. I went home the same day I had mine (after lots of begging but the only reason they wanted to keep me in was because of the general anaesthetic), had no real discomfort as they only made 2 small incisions - one inside my belly button and one a few inches below. You might experince a bit of pain in your shoulders for the next couple of days after it though, but it's only trapped air as they pump air into your abdomen to space everything out so they can get a better look :)

I hope everything goes well for you :hug:

Yes 2 weeks should be fine, I had to stay in hospital overnight and was off work for a week. It was uncomfortable for a while but nothing to bad. xxx

two weeks should be plenty of time hon :hug: i too was home to same day and i found this discomfort to be quite mild. take it easy for a week and your'll be fine :hug: i found i was recovered within 6 days x

yeah 2 weeks should be fine took me just under a week

Yes, you should be fine two weeks afterwards :)

I would agree two weeks is fine. I had a laparoscopy last year. I got to go home the same day and I was only off work for a week xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back