• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lanzarote > Peurto Del Carmen ..... BOOKED!!!!

happy-chick

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Has anyone been to Peurto Del Carmen or Costa Tenguise in Lanzarote?

Im looking at a few hotels there and not sure where to choose. Whats it like as far as things to do, food and beach etc?

Any info would be fab! xxxxx

Thats where we want to book up to go in February 2008.
If you go before then PLEASE let me know what you think, we were looking at Costa Tenguise as it's a quieter area and with a newborn we might not relish being so close to nightlife etc.

Can't wait to read other peoples reviews etc!! :)

Puerto Calero is the best ;) My brother lives there so have been to lanz loads.

I'm trying to remember whats at Teguise. You're right about Carmen though, it's basically one long strip of shops and bars, not very family friendly, but nice to walk along looking at tat one day.
There's a water park somewhere, can't remember where though, I could do with a map LOL.

EDIT: I looked at a map and stuff the water park is in Teguise, and from what I remember, Teguise IS better for families. Good luck!

My dad has lived there for nearly 10yrs now and i lived there for a while too. Costa teguise is lovely for family, but it is quite the windy area lol!
Puerto del carmen is the nightlife area, pure bars and clubs and resteraunts.. the day life there is lovely though, the beach is very long and the shops are tops! You can always stay in Old Town Puerto del Carmen where its quieter and a short walk into puerto del carmen, it has a shopping centre there too. The water park in Teguise is wicked lol!
I found the nicest place to live was Playa Honda (we've lived all over lol!) its full of cheap shops and it has a lovely beach there too where u can watch the planes take off and land. Also Playa Honda benefits from Deiland, which has all the shops you need, cheap supermarket, BOWLING, cinema, cafes resteraunts..kids play area, burger king lol, arcades.. Currently my dad works at Coral Beach resort, and we stayed there when i went away for the beginning of my pregnancy and it was amazing! By far the best resort ive stayed at so far! Jaccussi in your bathroom! Decent size apartment and only 3mins walk from deiland and less then 1 min from beach! There are lovely tapas bars on the beach front to sit and enjoy the views! I highly recommend Coral Beach in Playa Honda, and also Atlantic View in Old Town PDC was good, although there was a small hill to walk up and down to get to the shops..wasnt too bad with a pushchair tho.
Sorry to ramble, i love Lanzarote, its my second home :) If i wasnt with my OH id live there with the kids! Especially Coral Beach! I cant stress how much i love that resort! The food is great too! :)
Also it was very peaceful while we were there, we had the pool to ourselves almost every day! There was only a couple of babies about once or twice, so it wasnt packed with screamers lol! The majority of people who go there have timeshare so they are mostly older couples which is nice! Noone wants a bunch of teens being loud and bombing in the pool :lol:
If u want any more ideas or anything or if u have any q's about any resort (ive worked on quite a few myself) then please feel free to PM me :D

we went to Costa Teguise in September 2005 & it was great.
family friendly, a great waterpark!! we stayed at the Las Coronas apartments which are all privately owned, found it on a web site, i can PM you the details if you want?

we loved lanzarote, although lots of people think its grotty, we loved it & would go back.the beaches in Costa Teguise aren't that great though, we travelled out to Puerto Del Carmen (think thats what its called) & the beaches there were better.

foxymum said:
family friendly, a great waterpark!! we stayed at the Las Coronas apartments which are all privately owned, found it on a web site, i can PM you the details if you want?

we loved lanzarote, although lots of people think its grotty, we loved it & would go back.the beaches in Costa Teguise aren't that great though, we travelled out to Puerto Del Carmen (think thats what its called) & the beaches there were better.

Is it easy to travel between resorts? We were thinking of hiring a car over there, know anything about that? We're looking at going to Costa Tenguise at moment.... but still not sure whether Peurto Del Carmen would be better for us x

happy_chick said:
foxymum said:

Is it easy to travel between resorts? We were thinking of hiring a car over there, know anything about that? We're looking at going to Costa Tenguise at moment.... but still not sure whether Peurto Del Carmen would be better for us x

well we walked to the other town, coz Rich said he didn't want to drive in a foreign country :roll: & it was bloody miles! & it also happened to be when they had a heatwave on & it was 106 degrees!!! it was awful.
i would deffo hire a car, but obviously i don't know how to go about it.
i would deffo go to Costa Teguise, its quiter than the other towns too, i did so much research on the internet beforehand & we are very fussy & we LOVED it!!!!

foxymum said:
happy_chick said:
foxymum said:

well we walked to the other town, coz Rich said he didn't want to drive in a foreign country :roll: & it was bloody miles! & it also happened to be when they had a heatwave on & it was 106 degrees!!! it was awful.
i would deffo hire a car, but obviously i don't know how to go about it.
i would deffo go to Costa Teguise, its quiter than the other towns too, i did so much research on the internet beforehand & we are very fussy & we LOVED it!!!!

Are there buses between each place do you know?

oh yeh i'm sure there were buses, we only went out of Costa Teguise that once & the rest of the time was round the pool & our resort.

we got a taxi back to the airport & we were all crammed in! they don't mind having 5 of you in them like over here :roll:

We like plenty to do thats all im worried about cos we dont really like to sunbathe much....

Just rang the company that had it up for £150 and they said it all sold out and its now gunna be £250 each cheeky gets! :evil:

That is a lovely one hun!
Remember not to be misled by most photos as they can change time to time, as the resorts get work done on them some of the time :)
Even the place i worked at (club del carmen) had photos on a site that looked similar to the resort but not 100%..the apartment shown was the highest priced and they always keep it looking 100% as a showroom(noones allowed to stay in that one apartment) The pool was seperated but in the pic it wasn't etc..minor detail changes.
Most resorts in PDC are lovely hun i really think you'll be better off there, especially as you guys dont like sunbathing much lol! Costa teguise is kinda far out!
As for the car rental, its not too pricey out there! You can have your pick of cars too :)

We've booked to stay at Don Paco Castilla in Peurto Del Carmen :D :D
We fly out on 17th May for 7days, Cant wait now!

I'll be posting photos when I get back im sure :cheer: xxxxxxxx

Jayceesmumma said:
Brilliant hun!! Hope you have a wicked time!! :hug: :cheer:

Thanks sweety,
Thanks for all ur advice i really appreciate it i was so confused lol xxx

:hug: :hug: No probs hun..ill do anything to ramble about lanza :rotfl:
Hope you have a great time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics