Lamb...

Jodie_2013

Reaction score
Ok so had lamb at in laws was fully cooled all the way through but lamb
Always does have a tinge of pink doesn't it just the colour is the meat from the bone?
All the rest was brown just the bone meat...scared
Of toxoplasmosis x

LOL

Lamb is fairly safe hun I really wouldn't worry it's very unlikely you would end up Ill from it.

I heard lamb carried toxo or is that just lambs in the field hahaha x

I wouldn't worry too much as long as its hot through I'd imagine that would kill any bacteria xx

Well it fell off the bone it was really lovely and tender and was cooked all morning x

It can but I think it more applies to rare cooked food not just a little undercooked iykwim. As all ready said it will have most likely been hot and killed all the germs even tho the colour didn't turn.

I do worry too much!!!! All the way through was cooked and brown just the boney bots were pInk but then I think that's lambs natural colour? God I do worry too bloody much x

I've ate lamb out whilst pregnant - don't worry hun x

I eat lamb alot dont worry x

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

The advice when I was pregnant with my first was that lamb and beef were safe to eat on the slightly rare side (this was only 2011/12). The advice hasn't really changed, only that the NHS are now waiting for the Foods Standards Agency's research on the toxoplasmosis risk.

I ate rare beef throughout my last pregnancy and have always preferred lamb slightly pink. I'm not doing anything different this time round. I wouldn't worry if I were you. Advice changes all the time with regard to what pregnant women can/can't eat! My mum was advised to eat liver once a week with me and I turned out just fine!!!

Thanks for all this lovely advice guys :) I've stopped worrying about it now.
Where would I be without this website haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back