Ladies with anterior placentas

TORino

Reaction score
When did you feel your baby move?

I noticed on the scan report that the placenta was anterior sp I guess this means I wont feel baby as early as others. Just wondering if anyone else could tell me when I should expect to feel baby?

Yes, 20 weeks for first proper kick for me. After that he got more and more active - it just feels more muffled than I imagine a 'normal' placenta is (from feedback from friends) :)

I'm suppose to have one which is why my babies heartbeat wasn't able to be picked up. I can feel movements but not as traditionally described. I can feel it moving but it feels like I'm experiencing bruising but that may be stretching. I'm 14 weeks right now so I probably can't tell the difference at this point. But I've felt flutters and that was a few weeks ago before I found out about the placenta being in this position, so I think it's on an individual pregnancy basis. This is my first and I'm only 23, it could be different for someone older than me and already been pregnant. I have heard from people I know that I may need a cesarean. Does anyone know any complications and whether this is true?

About 20 weeks for me too.. Now there is no stopping lil one and I get proper kicks and OH can even feel them when he puts his hand on my belly xx

Last edited:
I had one with my 2nd and could feel his kicks from 14ish weeks then OH would feel them from 18 weeks. I know with 2nd babies you are meant to fill them alot sooner though x

I'm suppose to have one which is why my babies heartbeat wasn't able to be picked up. I can feel movements but not as traditionally described. I can feel it moving but it feels like I'm experiencing bruising but that may be stretching. I'm 14 weeks right now so I probably can't tell the difference at this point. But I've felt flutters and that was a few weeks ago before I found out about the placenta being in this position, so I think it's on an individual pregnancy basis. This is my first and I'm only 23, it could be different for someone older than me and already been pregnant. I have heard from people I know that I may need a cesarean. Does anyone know any complications and whether this is true?

No, that's rubbish. C-Sections are done (in placenta terms) when it's low lying - so covering or partly blocking the cervix and therefore not allowing baby to have an exit-route. Anterior placenta just means it's on the front instead of the back, it's still normal.

mine was covering my cervix and i have another scan booked to check it at 34 weeks. If they havnt booked you another scan you wont be having a c section.

I really don't want to do it naturally.

Just curious, why dont you want to do it naturally?? A C section is a major operation and it's best for you and baby to do it naturally? x

I really don't want to do it naturally.

Just curious, why dont you want to do it naturally?? A C section is a major operation and it's best for you and baby to do it naturally? x

I'm high risk for c-section and absolutely cacking myself about it. Would rather go natural and be home sooner with no open wounds to deal with xxxxxxxxxx

I got told I have one last wk this is my 4th and the first time, I'm almost 17wk and have been feeling movement for a few wks but not as strong as will my others, I prob only can feel it as it's my 4th xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back