Anterior placenta and baby movement

Frizzy

Reaction score
Morning ladies

I had my 20 week scan a couple of weeks ago and found out then that I have an anterior placenta, I have read that this can cause you to not feel baby kick as early but I am now 22 weeks and whilst I do feel baby move sometimes this is not every day and not definite kicks.

I really worry when I don't feel anything for quite a long time and just wanted to check if this was still because of the placenta placement and also if I will ever feel regular kicks when baby gets bigger?

Sorry to be such a worrier!!

I've not had my 20 week scan yet so I don't know if this is the case for me but I just wanted to let you know that I hardly feel my baby move at all some days but others it's on the go all the time. My MW said that infrequent movements are quite common until slightly later in pg.

Hiya hun, i was told i have an anterior placenta at my 20 week scan, i started feeling her properly - would make me jump! at about 22 weeks, even now, i have days when i feel her loads and others when i worry i have hardly felt her, went to get checked out at 23 weeks because i was worrying and they said baby still has lots of space to move around still and so she was probably just kicking into space rather than in front, the midwife said as long as some movement was felt that was fine, i think its 28 weeks onwards when baby has less space that they start monitoring movements properly

But the midwife said to me if i was worried again, to ring and they would listen to her HB for me

I too have an anterior placenta and the M/W at the time told me it would limit my feelings. The Doctor today re-affirmed that when checking me over. I don't feel huge kicks even now and my baby is a biff!!!

not had my 20wk scan yet but i havent felt baby move and im nearly 20 weeks! :(

Hi hon

I have an anterior placenta and it was week 23-24 before i felt a definate kick so to speak, lots of wriggles beforehand.

Now although baby sleeps a lot, when it kicks it bloody kicks, started getting massive kicks from 25-26 weeks and its now very regular DH can feel and i can watch my tummy move.

So please try not to worry, when it happens tho, its seems to change overnight

Hiya
I'm the same again, am nearly 22 weeks but because of anterior placenta I don't feel the baby too much. My MW said that was fine and not to worry. I have noticed he/she has stepped up their campaign over the last few days and there is generally set times at which I can feel, like in the evening after dinner whilst watching tv. As long as I have felt a little at these times then I'm relaxed about it and don't worry that I don't feel it more.
Try not to worry
xx

Hi,

I've got an anterior placenta and know how you feel.

Even now at 34 weeks I will be able to watch my stomach move like an alien but not really feel it IYKWIM, and I rarely get the kicks that take your breath away like you hear others mention. I did feel movements quite early - about 16 weeks as I was really tuned in to them, but it was only at about 28 weeks that I could honestly say I started to notice a vague pattern to his movements.

Baby is absolutely fine according to the scans so guess it's that anterior placenta cushioning it all. Either that or he's just really chilled out!

L x

Oh you will feel kicks!!!! seriously. But the placenter may be the reason you dont feel so much movement now. i have the same placenter position, but my LO kicks non stop most of the time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back