Placenta Question

Tillytots

Reaction score
Hi girls :wave:

Just been looking at my Mat notes and noticed that I have an 'anterior placenta'

Is there anyone else with anterior placenta and does it effect how you feel your baby move?

xx

hiya i have an anterior placenta too.
i'm not sure how much it affects feeling the baby move... but i didn't feel anything at all until week 21/22.
i know a lot of people start to feel tiny movements at about week 18 so it could be the placenta cushioning the kicks :)

didn't know i had before (although i suspected when everyone else started to feel their babies from the outside before me), but sonographer confirmed today that i have an anterior placenta. as long as its out of the way of the cervix, it isn't a problem.

i can feel trog on the inside but it feels muffled. neither OH or I can feel anything from the outside yet.

the sonographer said that was guaranteed to change with time though!

:)

I'm pretty sure that an anterior placenta makes a difference to how much you feel. I didn't feel very much until around 18-20 weeks either, and assumed that because I had an anterior placenta that must be the cause. However, I asked the sonographer this very question on my 20 week scan and she said it was a myth, so that is just her opinion I guess! It took alot longer for my hubby to feel them too, he only just started to feel something since 24 weeks.

i hadn't realised it was a subjective thing between sonographers - mine said today that the placenta was cushioning me from trog's kicks which is why we haven't felt anything from the outside. it seems to make sense - i prefer to think of it that way, rather than just suspecting its cos i'm a bit fat!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

hummm i have a "posterior placenta" could anyone shed any light on what that means?

T xx

Tiggy26 said:
hummm i have a "posterior placenta" could anyone shed any light on what that means?

T xx

i think that means its towards the back?? :think:

it does indeed kimbo :) straight to the top of the class!! :dance: :dance:

thanks girls

I was slightly miffed when I read it in my notes but Il prob think it might be a godsend if it cushions some of babys kicks :)

My sister had an anterior placenta with her 3rd daughter & didn't feel movements until later on than woth both her other 2.

Hi I have an anterior placenta too, but I have been feeling movements since about 15/16 weeks. OH has only felt it once though from the outside last weekend which would make sense if the placenta is cushioning things.
I am so relieved its not over the cervix Im not too worried and I am sure I will start to feel more kicks as Bean gets bigger, she is VERY lively!!

oooo mines anterior , they didnt explain hat it ment , but i guess its why at near 21 week im not having huge kicks and no way on earth hubby can feel him ! yay its not all cos im fat lol

Mine's anterior too and I have been feeling kicks on the inside for about 2 weeks now and OH has felt plenty since Wednesday morning. He even got a kick in the face last night when he was laying down with his ear pressed to my belly listening to the fluid swishing about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back