Lack of sleep

bunnymom1980

Reaction score
I've hardly been sleeping the last few days and I was wondering if this is normal.

Last night has been the worst night so far, I had a bath and went to bed at 12, dozed on and off until 4am and I've been wide awake since!! :think:

I really thought I'd be tired last night cos I spent 5 hours cleaning yesterday after my nesting instinct kicked in with avengence. :roll:

I can't sleep either. Normally if sleeping or napping I wake up once an hour and my sleep isn't very deep so I never feel fulfilled.

Last night I had one slightly bad dream and two scary nightmares :(

Hope it gets better for you, although it's not *that* long to go

yes i get up every two hours to wee but i have noticed that at my 4am wee i can no longer get back to sleep so i get up and watch the olympics til about 7 and then try and get back to sleep for an hour or so

Its wierd isnt it that at the time when we should be getting our sleep in ready for the big day, we in fact do the opposite!

It must be our bodies readying themselves for the lack of sleep after the birth. Personally I'd rather get a lot of deep sleep in now as I'm starting to feel like a walking zombie at the moment!

Oh god yes, I know how you feel :wall: I don't really do 'deep' sleeping anymore, as I'm awake every 2 hours :( And I can't get comfortable either, I actually whimper every time I have to roll over, I'm that pathetic :lol:

I guess the only thing you can do is try and nap whenever you can. I had a 2 hour nap yesterday afternoon and that made me feel better, but naturally I woke up absolutely BUSTING for the loo :roll: Ah well, it's a taste of things to come babe, better get used to it now eh? :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm still waiting for Isaac to sleep through :rotfl:
I think as a Mummy you become less needy of sleep, or at least that's what I tell myself :D
I think when things play on your mind sleep is one of the main things that can be effected, and so I'd say its quite normal to be having sleepless periods, just take it easy and try to keep your energy levels up with food and water and lots of rest. Very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back