Lack of sleep

Vickyleigh

Reaction score
Does anyone else find it hard to sleep? I seem to wake up every few hours during the night and when I'm awake I'm awake for ages! I seem to wake up at the same times every night and I am actually getting used to not being able to sleep but maybe it's my body getting me used to waking up every couple of hours with the baby.

I was suffering from lack of sleep a few weeks ago because I couldn't get into a comfortable position, and also last week because of a cough & cold, but now, I'm sleeping loads. I find having my Dream Genii support pillow helps loads.

I'm definatetly not having good :sleep:

I wake all the time, tossing and turning and usually can't get back to sleep cos of my OH snoring :x

he's had a few thumps ove past couple of months :rotfl:

Think i'm just being very light with my sleep and also my hips are killing, i so miss sleeping on my tummy! (although i love my bump)

:hug:

4 days a week I need to get up at 5 for work, and the other days I always plan to have a lie in but it never happens! Always up with the birds. I wake up in the middle of the night and sometimes I'm no sure if I've managed to get back to sleep or not - I always end up going to bed really early :sleep:

I seem to go through cycles of not sleeping well. It seems to be 2/3 nights I don't get a good nights sleep on average.

Though - since my midwife told me about quinine, I have been a lot more comfortable in the evenings - leg jumpiness and cramps are a lot better now.

Oh I don't sleep anymore....was up at 3.30am this morning, ok so I went back to bed from 6-8am but still it's just disturbed sleeps and I get so frustrated just laying there unable to move hubby happily snoring away beside me! :sleep: I think perhaps its (1) being slightly uncomfortable despite support pillows and the like but also (2) our bodies getting prepared for when the baby arrives....knowing were going to be up for 2am feeds type thing and preparing us slightly? I don't have any 'proof' of that just a theory it's amazingly clever how mother nature works.

I am not sleeping well either...And when I am asleep it's not a deep sleep but I keep on waking up at every little sound and movement. Very annoying! Especially because my dear husband has started snoring resently :cry:
If he doesn't stop soon I am going to kill him! :lol:

Marijana FC said:
I am not sleeping well either...And when I am asleep it's not a deep sleep but I keep on waking up at every little sound and movement. Very annoying! Especially because my dear husband has started snoring resently :cry:
If he doesn't stop soon I am going to kill him! :lol:

hehe I came SOOO close to having a raving maddy at my partner a few weeks ago because of his insessant snoring!! but I took a better route and have since made the single bed in the spare room a cosier place to be for nights when it becomes tooo much!

Pregnancy hormones and anger at snoring are a dangerous mixture!! :D

Angela xx

I have to admit to being the snorer at my house, I can't sleep on my front or sides as it totally squashes my ever expanding bump, so I am stuck sleeping on my back which is driving my O/H mad because I am keeping him awake instead! Every so often he wakes me up and asks me to roll over, which I try to do but soon enough the discomfort has sent me right back to lying on my back and the whole cycle starts again!!

evemarie - don't want to scare you babe but sleeping on your back is thought to be potentially quite bad for your during pregnancy as it puts pressure on the main artery that supplies blood to baby and can make you quite dizzy. You may find you get quite uncomfrtable on your back soon as I used to always sleep on my back and I find it quite hard now.

To condition myself into sleeping on my side, I put my wedge support pillow behind me, so it I tried to roll on to my back I ended up laying on it, I soon got used to sleeping on my side!

this is quite a good link:

http://www.askbaby.com/sleep-positions- ... gnancy.htm

yea im getting it too and getting up early inj morning which im not a morning person :lol:

also when i awake i gotta go ladies.

I always used to sleep on my back or on my stomach but obviously now I can't do that and that's probably the main reason I can't sleep. I hate only being able to sleep on my side but hey ho 21 weeks to go!

krystalmair said:
I'm definatetly not having good :sleep:

I wake all the time, tossing and turning and usually can't get back to sleep cos of my OH snoring :x

he's had a few thumps ove past couple of months :rotfl:
Same here :wall:

Definately sleeping lighter and everything wakes me up, its now getting to the point where I send OH to sleep on the sofa!!

my OH only sores on his back so i tell him to sleep on his side or i say stop snoring then hes like sorry lol

I am not sleeping well either, wasnt really sure if this was down to hormones or what but i am very tired!! i am waking throughout the nigth thats if i manage to drop off which is difficult some days
xx

I didn't sleep well through 2nd tri and the midwife put it down to hormones, but it has got better now - I'm sure i'd sleep through if i didn't have to keep getting up for the toilet every couple of hours!

I've always slept on my side but as my bump gets bigger I'm finding it uncomfortable - I feel like I'm squashing my baby a bit :doh:

I'm going to try putting a pillow under me tonight and see if that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back