labour signs....

BeckyJ

Reaction score
did you all have signs before going into labour?

if so what where they and when?

thanks ladies

Looking back...

Nesting
Back Ache (lthese were contractions turns out :roll: )
A bit of a clear out :shock: :oops:
Tired
Show (but that was only a few hours before she was born)

My contractions were relatively painless- felt like back ache until about 9cm. Then it hurt loads! :rotfl:

thanks for the replies ladies

i dont seem to have had any symptons as yet :think:

2 days before i gave birth, i woke up and just had an "aura" feeling things were gonna start soon. difficult to explain :lol:
hours later i felt a sort of "heavy" feeling in my bump if u can imagine (i mean i kno its heavy anyway lol but in a different way a deeper heaviness)

that evening i was getting period-type pains every half hour then every 15 minutes with "peaks" to them, i think i panicked and thought they were contractions i called the MWs out for my homebirth but was examined and told altho effaced i was not dilated and they said it was "effacing pains" (it was 3am and they called out for nothing, felt bad!)

the next day (1 day before birth) the pains stopped but i felt really really emotional and grumpy. and millie moved about loads my tummy looked like something from an alien movie!

that evening the pains started again, this time they were early contractions but i didnt acknowledge this until i was 5cm dilated and in agony- lol i thought i was mistaken again like i had been the day before! :lol:

then i had my show about 7 hours before i gave birth, and i was sick about 4 or 5 hours before she was born.

thats it for me, i had no waters breaking moment, that was a mystery to even the MW :? :think:

I felt completely normal the day before I went into labour about midnight I had a back ache and about 6am I started getting contractions but they were irregular so I thought I wasn't in labour until I got a massive contraction and my waters popped in the afternoon. Lucky they popped when they did as I was about to pop out to the supermarket to buy some food for lunch :rotfl: Sorry I can't help at all as I didn't really have any idea I was going to go into labour. xxxxxxx

the night before labour started i thought i was coming down with a bad cold and sore throat

i had period pains and lower backache for weeks before, but it didnt amount to anything

the symptom spotting seriously drives you nuts! :lol:

i didn't really have any with dd, i had some really bad pains in my belly around 2am one morning, went to hospital and the nurse said i was in labour.
There was me giggling away and just messing about, she said i was the most laid back person she'd seen in labour. LOL, she didn't see me a few days later when i was in established labour. I was about as laid back as a totem pole! :rotfl: x

I felt depressed, miserable and antisocial just before I popped, and hated going out or seeing any one... think it was my way of nesting :think:

Mine were:

Nesting (I didn't believe this until it happened to me :lol:)
A really heavy feeling down below.
Period type pains the day before.
Extreme tiredness followed by a surge of energy (that was quite bizarre!).

:D

I had a show just before my due date, but ended up going 1 weeks over. I never really had any other signs except I was really grumpy the day I went onto labour (having said that I was 41 weeks pregnant so grumpy is the norm!).

Woke up with bad back ache and period pains which turned into painless tightenings after a shower. A few hours after they started to hurt and I had my bloody show just after the pain started.
24 hours later baby was born :lol:

the night before i went into labour my back was really hurting before i went to bed and that next day i just felt....different i think i just new something was going to happen. Throughout that day i must of gone to the toilet about 6 times!! :shock: (better then than in the delivery room!) each time i went to the toilet i had small amounts of show. I just sort of had an "odd" feeling in my stomach.

That evening i can remember saying to my OH im sure somethings guna happen since around every 15mins i kept getting a tightning sensation in my stomach. only lasted for a couple seconds but it came every 15mins practically.

By 10pm that night i was in agony and couldnt sleep lol. wasnt until another 56hours that he finally decided to pop out though!! :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back