Kym Marsh - Born too soon

Most definitely, like in my area my closest hospital that even does maternity is 40 miles away :( Which is why when I was pg they tended to keep me as they were afraid Katie would be born at home or enroute.

There is another hospital 18 miles away but no maternity at all and it never had neonatal services anyway :mad:

In that hospital 40 miles away there are only 6 neonatal intensive care places :( Very sad, very underfunded and something does need to be done

I watched this preogramme and found it so hard. It really brought back some happy memories as well of my twin girls and the way the staff were with me, my hubbie and our girls. The way they supported us both after angelI passed after 3 days was amazing and then when they had moved angelD to another hospital they were great. They also gave me a lot of support with expressing milk as I wanted them to have my milk as I felt that was best for them. They had to mess about with it to make it thicker and they had do soemthing to it to pasterize it. I never found out what they did to my milk to make it OK for the girls to have but I did allow them to give them small amounts of high calorie formula in my milk. More needs to be done and really hope that the goverment do decided to add more funding. I was meant to have been goingot Uni in March to start my ped nursign degree but because of me being preggers again I have had to hold of that course until the future. But as soon as I can get on that course I will do it. It is a 3 year course and once I have the degree I can work in the NICU. There are not enough staff to deal with NICU especially in the high-dependance unit where the babies need 1-1 care. My girls was being cared for my the same nurse and she also had another baby as well to deal with. I still have contact with their nurse as she wanted to stay in touch as we biult a lovely bond and I was more than happy to stay in touch. It affected her just as much as it did me when angel I passed, she felt like she had failed us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back