• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Keepsake For Wedding?

FebMum2Be

Reaction score
As most of you know my sister is getting married in May, 25 days to go :shock:, I need help with picking out a few bits for her to keep from her big day, I am paying part of the entertainment but I feel like that's a bit crap because I'm her sister and I want her to have something special to remind her of her big day.. All ideas welcome! x

My sisters bought me a charm bracelet. They know I'm not a fan of the ones with loads on so it was a really lightweight chain with just one charm on to match my wedding dress. Think it was a Thomas Sabo one. I don't wear it often enough but when I do I smile because it reminds me of my wedding day and my sisters.

my great aunt made a memories book up, so everyone that went to the wedding/reception wrote something in it, and they had dedicated pages for photos from the wedding, it was beautiful! also nice as it will make them think of those that where there that they dont see often! best of luck

Thanks girls, I wouldn't even know where to begin :lol:x

We were given a photo frame that everyone who was at the wedding had written on. It's great to look back at it.

I was at a wedding last night where the best man bought a polaroid camera and went round getting pics of the bride and groom with all their guests. We then got a really fine permanent marker to add a comment on the bottom of the pic and he stuck them in a giant album. It was brilliant!

I was going to suggest what rol said as they did that for my friends wedding!!

WHat about buying her a memory box with their names and date of wedding on it - put in it an invitation, the bride and groom placecards, some confetti, a favour (if it wont go off), something from the bouquet or cake just little bits that get forgotten. Maybe if you take a few secret photos like of them not posing but just being all loved up and put them in there and maybe give it to them after the honeymoon or a few weeks after the wedding to make them remember the day.

yes all the above are great ideas, also a plate that can be signed by everyone or a guest book that people can sign and put comments in, another nice thing that a freind made us was a frame and inside were hearts in the colours of our wedding, blues, and then it has stitched on kate and toms wedding, 27th august 2010 and its really kind and thoughtful we love it because it was hand made for us. my aunty made a flower pot and then dried some of the bouqet flowers and used clear nail varnish to stick them onto it, then painted the flower pot rim a lilac colour(their theame colour) then inside put a mini bag of compost and some seeds for them to grow their own memory plant! such a lovely idea! other things you can do are scrap books, or photo memorys. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back