keeping the name...

Dragonfly Fi

Reaction score
Hi, I will post my story when I am able to access the internet properly but for those who don't know, I delivered a stillborn baby girl at 23 weeks yesterday.

I would have called her ivy-Mae which is my favourite girls name and has been for years before she was concieved. I am sad to loose the name.

Do people think its too weird to use the name still? Only I want my daughter to be called that and I don't think my daughter came to us.

Just wondered what peoples thoughts are?

I don't think it's strange at all. If you believe it's right then do that. Theres never a right or wrong way to do things when such sad things happen like this so do what ever you feel most comfortable with.

xXx

i dont think its strange at all hon.....are you going to give your little angel a new special name just for her? xx

i can understand that, the lil girl you just had wasnt meant to be and you feel that the daughter your meant to have one day will be your ivy so give your angel her real name and keep your ivy in your heart til she arrives.

Hope your doing ok Big bump - such a tricky time for you X

I also don't think its strange at all, each of us will have our own way that we would do it, but it really is the way that suits you the best , that will be right for you. I know it's soo not the same situation as you, as you had to have your baby, and at much later , but when I had a MMC, I was all set to call baby Devon Rory if a boy (names chosen 9 years before), and when I lost at 11 plus 5 , I kept my names for a boy and used them when he was one. I think it was a boy too that I lost, but I call him Angel (not unique I know). Maybee naming your special baby girl something else will help with rememberance of her too and as your names were decided long before baby was concieved, that seems good to keep them for a daughter.

Editing - as I have only just seen your last post refresh!! Angel is a perfect name

Last edited:
I hope your doing ok hun - I have been thinking about you today, hope your mum stayed the whole time and was a good support to you yesterday - I thought you were going in saturday - did it all start off early ?

Sending you a hug

Yeah started Fri morning, went in at 11 and she was born at 10 to 8... It was okay x

I just wanted to let you know you are still being thought of. You are clearly a very strong lady, i'm heartbroken for you. Angel is beautiful xxx

I think that's a perfect name. Thinking of you.x

Beautiful name hun :hug: How are you? xxx

Yeah started Fri morning, went in at 11 and she was born at 10 to 8... It was okay x

You are so brave Huney:love: We are all here for you x

Last edited:
I'm okay, this morning am wracked with sadness... Doing the usual wondering if it was anything I've done... Wondering 'why' this happened to us. Scared that it might happen again. Feeling empty inside.

I think its normal and I think its good that my emotional self is beginning to let things out.

you will go through all different waves of emotion hon......grief has all different stages.

you did nothing wrong....you will have the answers soon and this will confirm that it was absolutely nothing you did wrong...sadly just natures way. although i know that doesnt help at the moment...

it's so sad and you are being ever so strong but if it needs to all come flooding out then let it...there's no need to put a brave face on it all all the time, no one expects that of you.

we are all here if you need to cry, rant...whatever xxxx

angel is beautiful and whatever you want to name this baby is your choice. Ivy-Mae is a gorgeous name and you should go with your own heart if you want to keep that for your future daughter. As Samsgirls said, we are here however and whenever you need us xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back