Keeping PG secret from OH

AKSH

Reaction score
So I've not told my OH I'm PG yet because of the 2 MCs I've already had. Would rather wait and tell him in 2-3 weeks when it's more certain to happen (he's in the middle of recovering from depression so another MC would really stress him out). I'm going to go to an EPU just before we go on holiday (when I'll be 6+1) which will hopefully show a heartbeat because I can't bear to wait until we're back (which will be 7+4). My doc said to get a scan at 7 weeks to put my mind at rest. Also, I've told my sis in law so I have someone to comfort me if it all goes wrong.

Anyway, I need some ideas as to how to get away with not drinking in the meantime. We're away tomorrow night at a spa hotel so it will look really weird if I don't drink. I could try to get away with non-alcoholic cocktails or no alcohol beer, but he might twig and I'm just not ready to tell him yet. Any ideas?? Much appreciated!

P.S. if the scan goes ok I'll tell him whilst we're on holiday!

I can understand why you wud want to keep it a secret hun, im not sure what you can do about the drinking, cud you just say you felt a little unwell so didnt want to drink?? Or just drink the non alcoholic ones and pretend he might not notice!!

Fx that all goes well for you hun and ul be telling him the good news soon.

Michelle. x

just section hopping, tell him you are not drinking as you are wanting to make your body as healthy as possible for when you do get pg :D
I hope this is your sticky bean <3
xxx

Thanks both, think I'm probably over-analysing everything! Will try to get away with non-alcoholic and then if he says something fall back on what Fairycake suggests. Thanks!!

Just tell him your tummy feels a little upset and you would rather stay away from alcohol?
Are you sure your oh would not feel hurt when he realizes that you are already 6 weeks pregnant and you kept it away from him??
(At least I would feel hurt that they don't trust me to handle all possible situations)
sorry I didn't want that to sound negative at all lol but I can't find quite the right words for that.
I wish you the best of lucks, a strong hb and a happy and healthy 9 m.
Congrats on your pregnancy :)

Tell him you're detoxing because you're at a spa.

FYI, sorry if I sound like a killjoy bit it you have any treatments you're gonna need to tell them you're pg because there's certain herbal things you should avoid. They should know which products they can use on you.

Also you prob don't want to go into the heat treatment rooms as raising your temperature too much is not good either . I had to sign a waiver just to go in the hydrotherapy pool at a spa a couple of weeks back.

Not trying to be preachy, just giving you the info. Hope you have a nice time and your scan goes well.

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

I would pretend I had a water infection - that way it would explain why you might of been at docs, say your on anti biotics so can't drink and then it could also explain why you might be acting/ feeling a bit strange :) xx

Just get him drunk and he won't notice! I understand your reasons for not wanting to tell him yet, i wish i was that strong, i've got such a big mouth :( xxx

Thanks all! In the end I got away with a couple of alcohol free beers and he didn't notice. V funny. I made sure my treatments were PG friendly so all ok on that front. I probably will end up telling him sooner than planned. It's strange not sharing it with him, but I'm honestly just trying to spare him if it goes wrong. Not that I think it will go wrong. I feel pretty relaxed given that I've had 2 MCs before. I am doing a bit of knicker-watching, but I'm not obsessing! I just want he next couple of weeks to go quickly!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back