Kayla Louise Twyford/26th September 2007

kimmumof2

Reaction score
hi all, thought i would finally announce my arrival and add my brith story now i have got 5 mins.

as some of you know i was due 11th september but she did not want to come so i was booked to be induced on the 25th. i was terrified of this becus i had a bad experience with being induced with DD1 and the birth escalated into an emergency which i found quite traumatic and scary altho my DD was fine. therefore this time round i was really nervous.

my last labour was quick 5 and a half hours and they expected this one to be quick also. i arrived at 6.00pm and got shown straight to delvery suite and was slightly worried that it was the same room i had DD1 in. i was told to wait and soemone would be with me to do some monitoring soon. mw came round at 7pm to monitor LO's heartbeat and take urine sample, blood pressure etc. she decided to wait until 7.30pm for the shift change before starting me off so i would only need introducing to one mw.

i was pleased to find out that insted of tryin the pessary first the mw wanted to examine me and see if she could break my waters. she found that i was 1-2cm dilated and cervix was softening and she broke my waters.

i was then told to walk around to try get contractions started, however by 10pm i still had not felt any pains just slight twinges so doc came around and recommended startin me on a drip that would speed up and help intensify contractions. i was put on a monitor but i think the thought of havin a drip scared me into starin as i started feelin stronger tightenings at 10.30pm, they were comin every 5mins and lastin about 45 seconds. after an hour of these pains mw recommended tryin to go to the toilet as all my pains were in my back and emptying my bladder could help them come on stronger. i had refused pain relief up until then becus i was terrified of being sick, however after goin to the toilet i returned and was sick anyway so i was really dissappointed lol but mw informed me that being sick was normal during labour as its your bodies way of gettin ready.

i then went bk on the montior but almost immediately the pains got very intense and i couldnt stand it on my bk so i tried different positions but none were any good for gettin baby's heartbeat so mw suggested puttin a montior on baby's head. this was at 12.30am and as i was waitin for her to prepare to examine me i felt the urge to push so mw told me to just go with my body and do what it was tellin me. at this point i had gas and air to calm me down inbetween pushin and it was great and helped me to remember to break thru contraction and i even remembered to pant when babies head was crownin lol.

my gorgeous little girl Kayla Louise was born at 12.55 am on wed 26th september weighin 7lb 10z and labour lasted for 2 hours 25 mins from when i strated feelin pains. this experience was totally different and i really enjoyed my daughters birth, the mw was fantastic and the hospital really looked after me becusin regards to regular monitorin of kayla's heartbeat becus of what happened durin my DD1's birth. the only thing i would chage is to use the gas and air sooner becus it had a great relaxin effect and i wont be scared of being sick next time.

still cant get piks up but think it is problem with laptop and will get OH to sort it as soon as poss.

xxxxxx

GOT PICS SORTED NOW!! LOL

aww congratulations :cheer: am so glad this experience was a good one for you :hug:

Congratulations! Lovely to hear things went so much better this time

:cheer:

Congrats :) Welcome to the world baby Kayla (lovely name!).. glad it went better for you :cheer:

Well done :hug:

x

Congratulations! ..... and welcome to the world Kayla :hug: :hug:

Ah congratulations.

Im so pleased that you had a better experience this time round :D :D

YEA.... Welcome to the world.. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Wow you're birth story has made me feel really positive about my next one... I had a rough time of it with Tia although labour was quick.. so that's made my day.. :D

congratulations! im glad u had a positive birth experience this time. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back