Karyotyping Blood Tests?

lisey

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

After my last miscarriage (3rd) we agreed to have the tissue (only the sac formed) tested for any genetic abnormalities. Well went today for results and they weren't back, they said could be that the results were taken longer or that there was some mix up and they never received anything...turns out the latter is what happened. I am quite annoyed really and so is OH.
Anyway, we have been offered the bloods instead (after my suggestion of this). My question is, will we get as much of an accurate result with the bloods as we would have got with the cytogenetic testing? Will this tell us for sure if either of us have a genetic problem?
I am feeling really low and drained today, I have been so nervous leading up to this appointment and to be told they have 'lost' something that was so precious to us is quite hard to deal with.
I asked the consultant on the phone all the questions I have asked here but he had a very strong accent and I couldn't understand everything he said x

We only ever had the bloods hun, there was never any product of pregnancy to be tested (with my 8w loss there may well have been but I didn't "look")

We were given the all clear based on the bloods?

xxxxx

That's good. Just want to know that we will know 100% if there is or isn't a genetic problem x

My "sample" was useless for testing after getting left somewhere over xmas after my 4th mc erpc. I was gutted at the time, but our karyotyping was normal on bloods and I think thats generally more important for having a succesful pg (even if it doesn't give you closure on the lost pg). I hope you are through this painful process soon. X

My "sample" was useless for testing after getting left somewhere over xmas after my 4th mc erpc. I was gutted at the time, but our karyotyping was normal on bloods and I think thats generally more important for having a succesful pg (even if it doesn't give you closure on the lost pg). I hope you are through this painful process soon. X

Thanks, I really hope so too. We have both had enough of it all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back