k cell antigens........has anyone else had this....

mellowbird

Reaction score
Hi...quick explanation...I had twins and became very aneamic. I had blood transfusion of 3 pints and that was it...I had another baby after them and all was fine...I then fell preg again and had baby 1/12/05... :dance: During that pregnancy they found that t i was making antibodies in my blood....I have to have my blood tested every month :( , then at 36 weeks onwards every fortnight to see what my levels are.....What i cant understand is how it missed one baby and showed in another.. :shock: They have done their first test and i am waiting for the results....I know that i could make antibodies against the baby if it does not ahev the same cookie blood......I know about rhesus but this is a different thing.....anyone heard of this.... :cheer: :angel: :shhh: :think: :rotfl:

My mum has funny blood too.... she had a very bad car accident at 23....had blood transfusions and tht when she got the antibody problem...had my brother 7 years later....at that time (1979) She was told he might need a complete blood transfusion as soon as he was born.... BUT GOOD NEWS ! He didn't and he went fullterm.. no problems... :clap:

I am not sure if it's quite the same thing AND if that was the result 28 years ago...then I am sure they will be able to do much more now for both you and baby...try not to worry...write down all your questions and give your MW them to reply to....give her a chance to get all correct information for you too... Good luck Sweetie..let us know how you get on.. Lv Yvonne xx :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back