Back from hospital appointment

Emma58

Reaction score
Hi,

Appointment went well! My BP is 100/60, nothing was detected in my urine sample and baby's head is 3/5 engaged.
He was also happy with my measurements to.

I asked about the headaches and distorted vision I keep getting and he had no concerns because my BP is low and no protein was in my urine sample so he seemed to think it is just one of those pregnancy things.

He told me though to see my midwife in 2 weeks time and to go back to see him in three weeks time.

Aren't we supposed to have weekly checks from now on?

Glad to hear all is Ok.

I too thought we were supposed to have weekly checks in the last month. Especially for a first timers.

But it seems to be another post code lottery, and how busy they are. My midwife was going to book me in before I saw my consultant again, then changed her mind because she knew the clinics were full already.

Thats great news Emma.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I only see my midwife every two weeks.

:cheer: :cheer: Glad it went well :D

I think I see the midwife every two weeks from now on.

With my first pregnancy it was every week but they seem to have made loads of cut backs since then, I got more scans then, and a new pee pot each time! :lol:

ours is every 4 weeks from 24 weeks, then every 2 after 36, and every 1 after 40!
but thats only for first timers, not sure about if its a second baby

muppetmummy said:
With my first pregnancy it was every week but they seem to have made loads of cut backs since then, I got more scans then, and a new pee pot each time! :lol:

A new pee pot every time? Is it wrong that I'm jealous? lol, last time I went in for monitoring, they nicked mine - had to go and buy a new one from the chemist. 80p!!!

That's great news hun!

We are every 2 weeks up here so must be luck of the draw, but if you have conerns, it's still fine to see MW b4 next scheduled appointment xx

Glad everything went well :hug:

I've been having checks every 2 weeks. Think it is only weekly for your first :think:

hello

so glad your ok hun 3/5 engaged, that sounds pretty good, nearly there?

take care
x

yay! glad you're ok chick :hug:

and :shock: to girls buying pee pots :shock: whatever next :?

Glad you are ok. I only get MW appointments every 2 weeks. My next one is in week 39 and I have to go to the surgery - I was surprised as I dont know how easy it will be to drive there by then! I was given a wee pot and told to rinse it with boiling water each time so I am a skank too!!

YAY!!! Glad everything is ok chick!! Glad I'm not the only one who has to wash out the pee pot and reuse it!! The midwife just passes it back to me like it's perfectly normal!! :puke: :puke: think they are taking the cut backs a bit far!!! :rotfl:

Happy to hear all is well with you and your baby
and your headaches though horrible to have :hug: are of no concern

i thought you saw thew midwife every week at that stage too :think:

sarah :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member