Just poking my nose & have a question...

Kat@girlracer

Reaction score
Have you all gone for a travel system? Asking because mum & dad are buying mine and they don't think the system is necessary - they were thinking of buying a car seat and a buggy as to be perfectly honest I won't be doing much walking about! And if I do I can just transfer her from the car seat to the buggy?

i was the same...

but in the end i decided to get the travel system...

for the convenience of if shes asleep in the car clikcing the car seat into the pram it all seems worth while...

but i wud say, check the age suitability of the pushchair part, as some of them are from 3 months only on travel systems!!!

Yeah I have a travel system.

Simply because I like the idea of putting baby straight into pram from car seat without disturbing him.

But its all down to personal preference hun, everyone has different needs

I got a travel system to, just simply because i wanted the pram bit, although i know i'll probably hardly use it to be honest!

i got a travel system but my friend who was pregnant before me said that she wouldn''t recommend it as when little one grew out of car seat she got a more light weight pram.

i still went for one though as i too lke the idea of taking the baby out of the car without disturbing it to much. but obviously i haven't tried it yet only with a teddy :rotfl: and thats not very real life is it!! :lol:

I prefer the travel system to a buggy, they are so much cosier and the car seat is also handy for in the house. I used to use Ryan's when I was having a bath etc so I could take him into the room with me although I guess a bouncer would do just as well.

I got a travel system and i think i made the right choice.
Its alot easier to just click the car seat into the pushchair when getting him out the car as it does not disturb him and its quick and easy!

i got a pushchair and seperate 0-4 years car seat. i was put off travel system because many are really heavy, you cant leave baby in the car seat for more than a couple of hours as its a really bad posture for them and they grow out the car seat quite quickly then you have to buy another i didnt really see the point of buying the same thing twice. i always found that if nathan was really that tired he would stay asleep on transfer out of the car anyway.
im not saying there naff they have there advantages but i just prefered the buggy and big boy car seat..

Kat@girlracer said:
Have you all gone for a travel system? Asking because mum & dad are buying mine and they don't think the system is necessary - they were thinking of buying a car seat and a buggy as to be perfectly honest I won't be doing much walking about! And if I do I can just transfer her from the car seat to the buggy?

tbh i live in the car, and dont really walk a lot, but ive got a full system, it saves having to disturb baby everytime you get out of the car, and is easier to leave them in car seat if theyre asleep too.....

btw what car you drive LOL noticed you into cars..... ive got a S2 RSTurbo n other halfs got a Cosworth :D

Sassyminx said:
Kat@girlracer said:

tbh i live in the car, and dont really walk a lot, but ive got a full system, it saves having to disturb baby everytime you get out of the car, and is easier to leave them in car seat if theyre asleep too.....

btw what car you drive LOL noticed you into cars..... ive got a S2 RSTurbo n other halfs got a Cosworth :D

My god! I've owned loads of cars - just sold my yellow audi S3 and have just bought a Vectra 3.2 v6 Gsi - which is an awesome family car (and very very quick!)

Back on topic - I think i'll have to have a good look at the travel systems (in the january sales of course!) and see whether they are worth looking into otherwise i'll prolly end up with a car seat & a buggy :D

I'll be here in 2 weeks how exciting!!!?!! :shock:

I have a bebe comfort Loola travel system as I am going to use the cot part of the system which totally detaches from the frame as a moses basket. You can also strap the baby into the cot and then it secures into the car, so I won't need to wake the baby up to put him in a car seat in the car. They do recommend now that newborns are not in a car seat for more than one hour, so I really liked the idea of being able to have the baby in the car lying flat.

My car seat has a booster cushion for newborn which you remove as they grow. I really liked the whole system as it is really flexible, easy to use and you use each part seperately on the frame, rather than having the pushchair in place all the time and then having to put the cot/car seat on top (if that makes sense??)

Got mine for £300 rather than £500 as it was last year's colours!

I've gone for travel system too.
We got the apple icandy.
Lucyx

I have a travel system, it will come in handy and not one person who has had one said they were a waste of money.

I have a mothercare, 3 wheeler sherpa style one, its great all snuggly and buggly for my baby :hug: :cheer:

Kat@girlracer said:
Sassyminx said:
[quote="Kat@girlracer":1vkgrlh1]Have you all gone for a travel system? Asking because mum & dad are buying mine and they don't think the system is necessary - they were thinking of buying a car seat and a buggy as to be perfectly honest I won't be doing much walking about! And if I do I can just transfer her from the car seat to the buggy?

My god! I've owned loads of cars - just sold my yellow audi S3 and have just bought a Vectra 3.2 v6 Gsi - which is an awesome family car (and very very quick!)

[/quote:1vkgrlh1]

our Cossie is our family car.... 403bhp RWD :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back