just need a friend to talk to

kellyroberts1

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Just recently found out that I am pregnant, over the moon about it and so it OH but i just don't have any female friends to talk to and as it is early days my OH has said we should not tell anyone about it yet anyway. I'm dieing to just talk about it, I'm 20 years old and, my parents are not going to take it very well as I have just dropped out of university because I hated it and I know they will say that this is because I've gotten myself pregnant. Me and my OH have not been together long and I know they will say that we are rushing into things, the pregnancy wasn't planned but I just know being a mother is one of the best things to do with your life.
I would just like someones advice, if anyone else is going through the same things or feelings?
x

Hello :wave:

Pregnancy is a fantastic natural thing whether planned or not so congratulations! :hug:

I agree, being a mum is the most rewarding thing a person can do.

Try not to worry about what other people will think, as long as you are both happy everything will be fine!

xx

Congratulations on your news - my sister was 18 when she fell pregnant and had her daughter at 19, I don't think her and her OH had been together that long.

I remember my Mum wasn't best pleased but once that baby comes along any negatives will soon fly out the window!!!

This is a great forum for advice and I am here if you need anyone to talk to, take care and congratulations on your fantastic news x

gatz on ur pregnancy hun its wonderful news try not to let anyone tell u other wise :hug: :D

congratulations on your pregnancy. I had my first baby at 19 and my parents weren't too thrilled at the idea. I got the lecture about throwing my life away, having no money etc etc. It lasted all of a couple of weeks, they came to a scan with us and were bessotted with sophie from the minue they saw her!
By the time she was born they were more excited than I was!!
As for uni i'm doing my social work degree now and I'm having baby number 4 theres plenty of time to work out whats best for you! Babies don't ruin your plans they just change them a bit! I'm sure things will work out fine x

Hi kelly :wave: , first of all congrates and welcome everyone on here is great you won't feel lonely without us lot and we are all full of chat and advice,there is always someone to talk to. :hug: secondly don't worry about your mum and dad they will come around to the idea especially when they realise how much you want this baby. you left college coz it wasnt right for you at the time the fact that you have fallen pregnant is fate. you can always go back another time!As long as you are happy that is all that matters. My OH wanted us to keep it to ourselves until 12wks. but like i said to him i need someone to talk to, so told my mum at 8wks(last week) and my sister on Sunday, everyone else I will tell after my scan!It's great to confide in another female especially if they have been through it themselves as it will reduce your fears etc. We are all here to talk to as well! :hug: lol Dusty xxx :hug:

:wave: :wave:

welcome hun..trust me you wont feel like ur on ur own if u stay here :cheer: i was only 20 when i fell pregnant with christopher and i was also in uni although i gave up as i had sever anemia and morning sickness but me and OH decided that the health of our baby and me was priority over university.
we had been together for 3 years before expecting christopher so that wasnt to much of a worry but we had to tell his parentrs the day we found out as i was due to have an operation on my hand 2 days after we found out i was pregnant. so obviously i had to cancle the op and with OH's dad being a nurse i knew we had to tell him the truth about why we were canceling my op as it was in bupa and bupa dont cancle ops like the NHS.

but suprisingly his dad was over the moon as was his mum..we didnt tell anybody else till after 12 weeks

we are now expec ting number 2 and to be honest we were more scared of telling them about this baby than the last :rotfl: :rotfl: but hun they were fine and have always helped us with christopher and they have told us trhey will help out with this baby as well.

if u want to chat hun then just pm me and ill be willing to chat and support you as i understand how u are feeling right now :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

thanks everyone! it's really nice to know that i'm not alone!
it's going to be pretty easy to tell my OH's parents, they are awesome and i spend more time with them than i do my own parents!
and if any of you need to talk to anyone i'm here :D
x

I was in a similar situation to you when I found out I was pregnant. I'd only been with oh for 4 months when I fell pregnant. My mother didn't know about me & oh til about 1 month before. He is 3 years younger than me & I was away at uni. I also dropped out of uni just before we found out but that was due to the fact my dad had died the year before & I wasn't enjoying my course so I didn't see the point in wasting my life on doing it. My mother wasn't too impressed but soon settled down & now loves Amelia to pieces.

Me & oh gt engaged the month before we found out too. 3 1/2 years later here we are with a gorgeous daughter, married, own house & a job I love.

Congrats by the way! :cheer:

lol hiya :wave: i was 16 when i found out i was pregnant with my son and 17 when i had him, i wasn't in a stable relationship at the time and ended up practicly being a single mum for 6 years, my family wern't too pleased either however they love my son (and daughter lol) and it didn't take them long to warm to the idea :D congratulations too i bet your so happy

Congratulatons :cheer: Being a mum is the best and most rewarding job in the world :D Dont worry what others think just remember whats growing inside you :D

Hey hun welcome to the forum and congrats on your pregnancy :wave:

I was 20 when I fell pregnant and 21 when I had my son, he was planned and was the best thing that ever happened to me hence why we are now having no.2!

I was dreading telling my parents and my DH parents the first time but they were great...they might just shock you, you never know.

Dont let anyone judge you because of your age if you want to have this baby then GO FOR IT you will make a fantastic mother and dont let anyone tell you any different :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back