Just had first scan

Fiona

Reaction score
Just had my first scan and trilled. I had some spotting last night and what seemed like quite strong period pains. Phoned the early pregnancy unit last night and left a message. Someone phoned back at 7.45 am today and told me to go straight in for a scan. The scan was fab and all is well. Can't believe that I could see everything so clearly. The heartbeat was beating away and there my baby was safe and well.
It is such a relief, don't think I slept a wink last night, waited nearly 15 years for this baby and couldn't cope with the idea that something might have gone wrong.

Have to really sing the praises for the early pregancy unit, they were just fab.. were very undersanding and did everything they could ...

Congrats! Its great to hear when staff at the pregnancy units are supportive when something is worrying. I have to say when I bled at 18 weeks and was visiting my Mum in London the staff at UCH in London were fabulous and had me scanned and reassured. It is really upsetting when someone has been bleeding and don't get a scan the same day.

I'm so glad it all went well for you and won't be long before you'll see your bean again :D

Fantastic! Sorry that you had a worrying time but it's great you saw your bub and they're all healthy :hug:

glad everything worked out ok for you. must have been scary getting the spotting, i woudl have been frantic. when are you due?

Hi Laura, I am due 28th Feb......... so excited and counting the days

glad all is well fiona so relieved for you and sorry you had to go through that. xx you take care this baby is very important to you :hug:

glad everything is ok uhnny, did tehy say if there was any sonographical reason for the bleeding?

i have bled numerous times in this pregnancy, this must be sick of me at epau, but they are lovely they get u in as soon as they can to see whats wrong.

im back again today!!! haha

they'l be glad to see the back of me 4 days and i have to go to ante natal instead of epau if i bleed...

lucky epau eh ;) hha

That's great news, Fiona. I'm glad everything is well. xxx :wink:

hi lozzijane, no the only think they said was that they thought it must be 'cervical erosion' but they couldn't see any other cause,...

they said that this happens a lot and it was nothing to worry about... but easy said that done... you hear about it happening to others but when it happen to you it is a different story...

glad all is well with you though....... bet you can't wait to D.Day !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back