• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Just got back from my 40+1 MW app

emma_85

Reaction score
Well, what a disappointment :sad:

Had the usual checks, then MW gave me a sweep. She explained she found my cervix but was only able to put 1 finger inside to sweep, and could feel the babies head - which I thought was good news...

She then told me that the head was stationed at -2 (meaning his head is still quite high and no longer engaged! WTF?!) I'm confused by this because 3 weeks ago I was told at the hosp that the head was engaged, I didn't realise the baby could come out again??

MW also explained that my cervix is "not effaced". So it seems that my little man is being a pickle and in no rush to enter the big wide world :mad:

So after my sweep today I have another appointment next week on thursday for another sweep. If this doesn't work either she said "on the 7th Feb you will go into hospital to be induced" I went on to tell her that I did not want to be induced and when she asked why and I explained, she told me that by 7th Feb if the baby hasn't come out on his own I would have to be admitted to hospital to be monitored, and if I refuse induction methods offered and I am monitored and the state of my placenta changes or baby becomes distressed they will do an emergency c-section. GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Looks like we don't get much choice - it's either, be induced or go under the knife :sad:

Hopefully it won't come to either of those methods, he still has plenty of time to come. Keep dtd and that might hurry things up? Sorry hun x

Pineapple, sex, bumpy car journeys, raspberry leaf tea get on it all Hun!!! Lol

Your little one is a right little monkey! But you know that from 40 weeks the placenta starts deteriorating so it is important that little one doesn't stay in too long.x

Last edited:
Hey hun x sorry to hear bubs isnt planning on making a move :( xx You have every right to refuse induction though, they cant say induction or c section x Stand your ground chick, so long as bubs is healthy, theres no needs to worry xx

We are having a similar story I guess in the way that we are having another sweep and induction dates! Except my cervix is effects or whatever. Lol. Well we can just plod through the next week together (I'm seriously starting to lose hope lol) I have my sweep tomorrow. And still getting contractions. Who bloody knows what they are up to in there! X

We are having a similar story I guess in the way that we are having another sweep and induction dates! Except my cervix is effects or whatever. Lol. Well we can just plod through the next week together (I'm seriously starting to lose hope lol) I have my sweep tomorrow. And still getting contractions. Who bloody knows what they are up to in there! X

Tormenting their very brudy Mummies methinks! Little tikes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back