Just found out my gf's pregnant..

RPN

Reaction score
Just found out she's pregnant the other day.. But we've suffered with a miscarriage before :\ what can we do to prevent 1 as it was really upsetting..

What are the next steps? How do I found out how far gone she is?

Simple question what do we do next and what should she do??

Thanks

Sorry to hear about your mc. I would say the first thing is to try and not to panic, it won't do any of you any good. Does she not remember her last period? I couldn't lol so it's not that uncommon. She needs to see her gp as soon as she can in my humble opinion and he/she can at least get the ball rolling.
Congratulations and lots of luck to you xxxxxxxxxx

She was trying to work it out before lol think she should be due on last week or this week, I'm no good so how many weeks would she be? :S Thanks but worryin is hard.. I think am worryin more than her :( we will book doctors appointment soon, thanks :) x

So by my terrible maths she would be about 3-4 weeks (I could be totally wrong as I really do suck at maths lol). I did the clear blue digital test which showed up as 3+ weeks....I was actually 7 weeks but 3+ is as high as it goes.
The best one to talk to is her gp. Best friends are also really good menstrual calendars cos often girls very close to eachother have periods at the same time, could be worth a shot xxxxxxx

Congrats!!! I to suffered with a mc aswell and went to the docs straight away. You maybe given the chance to have an earlly scan around 6-7weeks to make sure this bean has a heartbeat. It sound like she is 5 weeks as that's what I am and I wasa due on last week. Make sure she starts taking folic acid stariaght away! I'm also taking mutli vitamins and omega 3 so my body isa healthy. Make sure she cuts out all caffine! Been proven to cause miscarriages so no tea or coffee or coke unless de-caff. I'm not having sex until my 3 months are over either. Make sure she rests and eats healthily and everything is cooked well. You can look on the internet for more info on it. Good luck xxx

Pregnacare is good to take, it contains everything a pregnant woman needs including folic acid. Dont let her carry things and defo stay off the 'fun' till after 12 weeks have passed. Good luck to u both!

Hi, congratulations and I agree with Charlie26, get some pregnacare or another pregnancy multivitamin. She can't take normal multi-vitamins as she shouldnt take Vitamin A in pregnancy. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back