Just found out I'm pregnant - Now what?!

Jolly81

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just got my BFP with a CB digi this morning.

My question to all of you is what on earth do I do now? Do I phone the docs for an appointment tomorrow and they will sort me out from there?

You would think as this is planned I would be a bit clued up but I was so bogged down with actually trying to get pregnant that I didn't really think about what would happen when I AM pregnant!!!

Love to all, I'm so honoured to move onto First Trimester :) xxxxx

I doubt you'd get an appointment tomorrow..

Ring your GP and they will usually just refer you to a midwife, which takes a few weeks..

First of all, congratulations and welcome to tri 1! :wave:
At both the surgery where I work and the surgery I attend, your 1st booking appointment with the midwife will be required at 6-8 weeks into the pregnancy. But if your surgery is anything like mine, you would be best advised to phone and book soon as they might be booking well in advance.
Good luck. xx

Hi congrats :)

When I first got preg I called docs and they put me on midwifes list. She came out to see me when I was 8 weeks. Felt like a life time! I've not actually been to docs yet and I'm now 14 weeks. Unless you have concerns or health issues they just do it all through midwife xx

Ok perfect! Thanks for your advice - I'll give them a call tomorrow and then leave it up to them I guess.

Just a huge shock as I was so chilled out about it this month I really didn't have any expectations and here we are expecting a little baby - unbelieveable :)

xxx

Congratulations and welcome to Tri 1 :) xx

All doctors are different. Mine just gave me the number for the midwife and I had my booking appointment at 10 weeks. They usually don't book you in until 8 weeks, but as I said, everywhere is different and you may be lucky xx

Congrats! X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back