June 2014 Mummy's to be!

Awww we're due same day now brighty :) glad everything went well lovely pic xx

Glad it went well. Love that s/he was upside down :) xx

Yay sarah! Race to the finish to see who arrives first ;) lol

Not even born and already a bit naughty :)

Good luck EmmaC! It was so lovely to see

Think my blood pressure quickly resumed to normal

Xx

Managed to get my 16 week appt - although I'll be 17 weeks!

There's a kid I teach who has chicken pox and I've refused to take her on my trip today!

Xx

That could go either way going by my last two labours, one was 41+3 and one was 35+5! Planning for all eventualitys with this one!

That was a horrible night, not slept much with ds upset about his chicken pox on and off all night and fidgeting around the bed, poor thing has lots come up over night. Hope Im immune!

Ugh got a phonecall at 830 which woke me up and I've felt really sick since. Can't stop yawning either! Off to see the local town panto tonight with my mum so might have to have a wee disco nap beforehand.

Xx

That could go either way going by my last two labours, one was 41+3 and one was 35+5! Planning for all eventualitys with this one!

wow, pretty big difference! hopefully this one will be nicely in the middle ;)

Xx

wow, pretty big difference! hopefully this one will be nicely in the middle ;)

I hope so too! Due date would be lovely!

Well I've finally gone and done it - put the baby announcement on Facebook! I've been debating whether to since my scan and today I'd had enough of people sending me messages asking me!!

How are we girls? Xx

I've been put forward three days. Now due 23rd June eeeek!! xx

I've been put forward three days. Now due 23rd June eeeek!! xx

That's the same as mine :) although it's my scan tomorrow so it'll probably change. Starting to get really nervous now. Eek!!!

Hope it all went well Emma, good luck Mrst with yours tomorrow x
Im planning to put it on Facebook new years day, although in two minds whether to announce on there or not, I've got a couple of friends who have had mc recently and ttc, I remember when I was ttc I hated seeing pregnancy announcements, always feels like its in your face. So might just wait til baby is born like i did last time.

Hope it all went well Emma, good luck Mrst with yours tomorrow x
Im planning to put it on Facebook new years day, although in two minds whether to announce on there or not, I've got a couple of friends who have had mc recently and ttc, I remember when I was ttc I hated seeing pregnancy announcements, always feels like its in your face. So might just wait til baby is born like i did last time.

I honestly wasn't going to but I live in a village in sheffield and people chat nothing but shite and I had enough of the gossip so I decided to announce it myself before someone else did!! Xx

Hi ladies,

Good luck today mrsT!!!

me and hubs are going to announce it on Facespace after this weekend I think. Wanted to make sure we told close family and friends first, and we are just waiting for his nan to speak to his aunt, then we can do it :) I want to be the one to deliver the good news instead of it going through Chinese wispers.

Sarah... I know what you mean about not wanting to upset people, but this is your good news and you shouldn't feel bad about wanting to let the world know... when they get their BFPs, I'm sure they will want to shout it from the roof tops the same as we all do. If they are friends, they will be happy for you, not bitter.
My sister has asked me to not pussy foot around her about it, she still wants to be part of my pregnancy, and there is no bitterness or jealousy that she had an angel baby. She says it makes her feel worse to know people feel sorry for her. I remember that feeling. When I'd just had treatment for my ectopic, one of OHs friends came round and announced she was pregnant... she had no idea what had happened to me, but I was so happy for her, I wouldn't wish what happened to me on anyone. We were chatting later in the night and she asked me when we were going to have kids... I explained what had happened to me, she said she was really sorry but didn't look at me all..aaaaw oooo now I feel bad... she just carried on talking to me, told me she'd been trying for 6 months... how much they wanted to a baby... I guess my massive ramble is me trying to say, we don't know each others journeys to BFP and how much each other really wants a little bean, so we shouldn't feel bad about being happy when it happens to us.

xx

Thanks brighty, I've been feeling guilty about sharing, think its cos I've still been looking in ttc and keep seeing bitter posts about hating pregnant ladies and a friend who doesn't yet know (not a close friend) said on Facebook she will punch someone if she sees yet another pregnancy announcement, she recently mc at 12 weeks but on the other side of it she made a big deal of letting everyone know she got pregnant within 3 weeks of trying so at the time that made me feel sad as Id been trying for a year and still wasn't pregnant. Another friend knows but hasn't said much, she started trying when we did and lost her baby back in march but still not caught again, I know she's finding it hard, I can tell esp as we have another mutual friend also pregnant.
Im waffeling now, your probably right though its our happy news to share and with friends all over the world connected by Facebook makes it an easy way to share, its nice to hear things from other points of view and guess I need to stop reading so many ttc posts, hard when you know how difficult getting pregnant can be!

I get that it's hard for people. I used to be really jealous of friends having babies even before we started trying and I can't even imagine how hard it would be to have lost babies and see people around you having what you want. However, it's not fair to expect other people's lives to stop. You can't expect that if something bad happens to you, the whole world will sit up and take notice. Do divorced people begrudge others getting married? Or widowed people - do they go on about how others must stop falling in love? Where does it stop? Someone's house burns down and suddenly no one is allowed to mention buying a new home?
It's ridiculous. I understand sensitivity. My friend has been trying to conceive for a while, and she finds it difficult to talk baby with me, so we don't. But if I chose to put something on facebook, she wouldn't go on about it.
People who publicly say that don't want to see any more announcements of other people's happiness are just as attention seeking as those who post countless pictures of themselves. You simply cannot begrudge another person, or we'd never tell each other anything.

So basically, announce if that's what you want to do!

Had my scan :) all fine, was bang on for dates so still due 23rd June. Baby was sat up with its legs crossed!! So relieved. Is it 13 weeks that we move to tri 2? Xxx

Awww how cute!! Congratulations must have been lovely to see your little one all healthy and sitting beautifully !! We've got ours in Monday il be 12+5 I'm so excited but really nervous ... Jut reading ur discussion about announcing it have u all felt ok to make it public after first scan? Touch wood all goes well were going to tell friends & extended family but I still think il feel funny about putting it on Facebook or spreading it too much...am I being silly? I know you can't jinx it, what will be will be and I want to tell the world it's Been driving me mad keeping it pretty much to ourselves but I've just still got little niggles..better get scan out of the way first I guess before worry too much about that! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back