Juice?

Flossy82

Reaction score
Hey all i was just wondering as we are having this hot weather is there anything that i can give frankie other than cooled boiled water as she really doesnt like it that much and i was wondering weither she can have something else at all as i dont want her getting dehydrated she is drinking her milk but i want to give her something else if needs be. Any ideas? :?

Have you tried her with baby juice? (in the baby food section of the supermarket)

I give it to Brody, but I really dilute it, more than the instructions say.

I know what you mean , in this weather you just want them to have a drink! Brody has been struggling with his cup a bit so I just put the juice in his bottle, which you aren't really supposed to do but I just don't want him getting dehydrated.

Yes urchin i bought one of the heinz ones but she hates that too (just a fussy baby i think)! :roll: Mindue yesterday she had some boiled water (cooled) with just a tiny dribble of the sugar free blackcurrant juice i have for lewis and she loved that had all what was in her bottle ( :oops: im guilty for giving it to her like that aswell).

I give Aimee about 10mls of pure apple juice then about 5oz of water to dilute it. She loves it. She won't drink the baby juice.

Try heinz baby pear juice, most babies seem to love it :) Its the ready to drink stuff but i dilute it half and half with water xx

Flossy just be wary of the non-baby ones that you add, sugar free generally means loads of artificial sweetners, which are basically just chemicals.
Also that kind of drink can be full of artificial colourings and other E-number nasties.

I give Rubie Cow & Gate organic baby juice, just a dribble of it into cooled boiled water. Rubie loves it. I started giving it to her in a beaker but she just used the beaker as a teether and gagged on the juice, so now I give it to her in a bottle, but she hasn't got any teeth so I don't think it's s problem. :D

By the way, we should all be looking out for the artificial sweetner sodium cyclamate

It's in the cheaper brands of squash, such as that JUCEE one you see in the pound shop.
bottles1.jpg

It's a nasty one and should be avoided in adults as well as kids.

more info here

Oh no!! Jucee is my fave :( I don't like expensive juice

ooops, OH and i have been going through jucee like there's no tomorrow this summer... :shock: :shock: thanks for info urchin, will stick to good old robinson's from now on!

Is the robinsons ok then just to add a little dribble of this then? :?

Flossy, it's really up to you, I just wanted you to know of the potential ingredients of some of these things.

Personally, I won't be giving Brody anything but water and the baby juices, there are lots of different kinds if she doesn't like one flavor you could try a different ones, the hipp organic ones are nice, You can even give unsweetened orange or apple juice (mixed with water.)

i have given B just a smidget of our juice with 9 oz of water so he has a 9.5 oz bottle just that lil bit makes a diffo tho

I get palpitations and faint whenever I drink Jucee, and some own brand juices, always wondered why - now I know :shock:

Thanks urchin its just that i did buy one of the heinz ones and i thought even for it being diluted it was still a bit strong if i get some more a different one maybe how much juice to water should i give???? (sorry for being a bit thick here) :wall:

With the heinz ready to drink ones, I use 3 or 4oz of the juice and add 5oz of water. Damien doesn't like more diluted than that. Pear juice smells rank but he seems to love it! it's the only baby juice he will drink. A bottle can last a week if you keep it in the fridge after you have opened it.

Thanks sami now i know what im doing when i give her some juice next time. Thanks :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back