Jobs and grant info?

kellysomer

Reaction score
Any one know where i can get advice about not going back to work after baby, do i still get my pay and maternity leave £106 a week or do i forfit that if i dont intend to go back as my boss wont let me come back part time?

Also how do i know if i can get this £500 grant thingy as we are really struggling to afford baby stuff.

:D

I dont work but OH does and we cant get the grant as we live together and have no other children. here's the link hun ....

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/advisers/sb16/ssmg/ssmg_1.asp

You can still get your maternity leave and pay even if you intend not to go back to your employer after the maternity pay is up. You cant work for anyone whilst receiving mat pay though. As long as you give enough notice before the end of your mat pay ends then I'm sure that it's okie to not return to your employer.

I'd speak to CAB though to clarify everything as I could be wrong - they know everything :)

I am pretty sure we are eligible from the child tax credit we get already but how do i know if its over £542 a year?

If you're due before the end of the tax year go to the webiste link below and work it out roughly, type in your details, and then put that your baby has just been born, then it will work everything out and then will give you what you would get.

If your baby is born after the new tax year starts then they may change things as the info on your P60 may be different for you and OH.

https://www.taxcredits.inlandrevenue.gov.uk/HomeIR.aspx

Does that help or have I confused you? :shock:

If I have....do you have any other children? If yes, how old are they?

I think i get it, but my baby may be born after or before tax year end as due date is 26th March!

I dont have any children already but have a 5 year old step son that lives with us. My OH gets tax credit for him. :D

I have a midwife appointment on friday so will see if i can pop into the citizens advice bureau afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back