Job hunting at 22 weeks

Debh09

Reaction score
Anyone been in the position where they have had to look for a job after the halfway point in pregnancy? Was hoping not to but have no choice as they are making job cuts at my workplace. It feels so awkward especially when applying for permanent roles. I have been upfront with agencies about it as I would feel wrong getting to the point of the first day and then telling them. Also told an employer prior to an interview as felt it was best to know they were fine with that prior to going.

I'm in this position right now! Was made redundant at 7weeks preg, joined my partners care agency and my client had just decided they don't want me anymore being the 'useless pregnant lady' I am :( it's hard because I'm showing now and all interviews give you that look as if to say 'why bother'? I don't want a long maternity, I just want a job to support our family :( xxxx

I'm in this problem as well. I'm 18 weeks tomorrow and went for an interview today. I got the job. But didn't tell them I was pregnant, I'm not to sure when to tell them either. I'm hoping it won't make a difference but I'm guessing it will. Mega nervous xx

I'm in this problem as well. I'm 18 weeks tomorrow and went for an interview today. I got the job. But didn't tell them I was pregnant, I'm not to sure when to tell them either. I'm hoping it won't make a difference but I'm guessing it will. Mega nervous xx

I hope all goes well 😊 it doesn't half feel nerve racking applying for jobs when pregnant.

I'm in this position right now! Was made redundant at 7weeks preg, joined my partners care agency and my client had just decided they don't want me anymore being the 'useless pregnant lady' I am :( it's hard because I'm showing now and all interviews give you that look as if to say 'why bother'? I don't want a long maternity, I just want a job to support our family :( xxxx

I always feel a little hesiting applying for permanent roles as I would pretty much Working for then around 3 months then going onto maternity leave but still applying as still need to get a job at thrisk end of the day. Whenever I get an invitation for interview I made telling them prior as I'd prefer to know they are ok about it prior although it doesnt help you think if not chosen if it could be down to being pregnant. I feel ideally I'd be best off getting a temp role that lasts around 3 months. I just want to get something asap so I can just focus on getting ready for the baby and getting as much in financially while I can before I go on maternity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back