• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jack Stephen Arthur Bailey 15/01/07 Home Birth

Becky101

Reaction score
Here is the story of my home birth…

As some of you know I had a sweep on Sunday 14th January at midday. I had already had a small show in the morning. At 4pm I started to get regular contractions 10 minutes apart. I didn't tell DH until 5pm so I knew I was sure it had started. They continued becoming a little stronger and more frequent, anywhere between 5 and 8 minutes apart.

Had some dinner around 6pm and got hooked up to the TENS machine and then decided we should phone the delivery suite at about 7.30pm. They asked if I wanted someone to come out and assess me and being a first time Mummy I said yes. MW came out at 8.30pm and said that I was 3cm dilated. She then left and we watched TV with me wandering around and bouncing on my ball until she returned at 12.30. A little tip don't watch Lee Evans when you are having a contraction because laughing during a contraction really hurts!

MW said I was still only 3cm stretching to 4 so I should have a bath and lie down and get some rest. Well the bath did it, contractions started to become a lot stronger. DH and I both got into bed but I just couldn't cope with the contractions lying down so had to keep getting up. They also started to make me feel sick and dizzy and then I was sick in the bathroom sink. DH hates sick and I felt really sorry for him having to clear it up!

I told him to call the MW back as they were now coming every 2-3 minutes. MW returned checked and I was 4cm. I became a bit upset at this point as I didn't think I was going to be able to cope with the pain at home. My Mum also arrived, but I was in so much pain I just didn't want anyone touching me apart from DH who was brilliant. From then on contractions just became stronger and I started on gas and air at about 4am. My BP had gone up a bit and nearly had to go into hozzie but gas and air is brilliant stuff and I was like some space monkey sitting in the corner, which brought it down again!

Was checked again at 5ish and was 8cm. From then on just wanted to push with every contraction. At around 7am was allowed to start pushing. Jack was born at 7.41am @ 9lb 12oz. I had a good 30 mins of skin to skin contact with Jack which was great. When he was weighed MW had to check conversion to lbs twice as none of us knew he was going to be that big! I had only a slight graze and our beautiful baby boy was born.

All I can say is the MWs were fantastic and I would definitely recommend a home birth to anyone. |Jack was worth all the pain. I am breast feeding him and by the time he was 5 days old he had already regained his birth weight and put on 5 ounces!

DSCN0463.jpg

DSCN0460.jpg

DSCN0458.jpg

Becky and Jack
x

well done Becky ............. what an absolutely darling little boy you have there. and I love you birth story - I am also planning a home birth with my first baby and it was lovely to read how well you did.... clever girl :dance: :dance:

sending you and jack lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

great birth story, glad you managed to get ur home birth :)

Aw wow, an excellent birth story, well done you. Welcome to the world Jack.

Wow, loads of hair there! :D

He's a cutie and shares my birthday so is bound to be fab! Congratulations! :cheer:

He's adorable - congratulations & well done

Hope you're recovering well

LBxx

You have astunning little man ther! Congratulations :)

lovely story hunny, glad your home birth went well and welcome to the world baby jack xx

oh wow he is absolutely gorgeous..and that head full of hair! what a beauty

a huge congrads hunni, such a cutie !
Ive had a succesful home birth after caesarean section (u can read mi story with pics) and that was very risky.
Before we found out about the probs with my first i originally wanted a home birth too, but where i live i got a right old mean midwife nd she sed no cos i were a first timer, well good on you, and am so glad that it is done out there !

xx

many congratulations........ what a gorgeous little baby boy you have
:dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen