I've had my scan & I'm smiling!

Frog99

Reaction score
For those of you that read my post on Monday I was experiencing brown bleeding - medium flow which started on Monday and has continued ever since. I rang my doctor and he booked me in for an internal scan this morning.

Papping myself in the waiting room but am over the moon with the scan. Showed my baby (with heartbeat) alive & well!

There is what appears to be a 'bruise' on the scan near the baby sac which is where the old blood is coming from. 10cm wide so more is expected but it's nothing to worry about.

I'm thrilled - I couldn't stop grinning in the scanning room. I had a lovely midwife in there and the sonographer was great - even though I was a little cautious about it being a guy. Everything on screen was explained to me and I've come out with some photos of our little Tidge. Head and heart are clearly visable with buds instead of limbs at the moment.

Doctor has estimated I was 8 weeks pregnant and I was put back by a day so 7w6d today. What's really amusing is that on the document that explains the results of the scan it says 'spontaneous conception' because I was on the pill at the time - I thought that was hilarious!

Anyhow as you can tell I'm thrilled to bits today!

love the idea that you just spontaneously conceived :rotfl: - makes it sound like spontaneous combustion or something!

glad all is well xxxx

Aww Frog I'm so pleased I was thinking about you this morning. Congrats :clap:

Glad all is well x
:hug:

My OH has been so supportive - all along he's been saying 'I'm sure everything is fine'. He came in with me for the scan (under strict instructions to 'not look down'). He held my hand and the look on his face when we saw the baby's heartbeat was fantastic! Then he got really carried away and started asking loads of questions! He's so cute!

I was worried to death and nearly walked out of the waiting room at one point but I'm so glad I had everything checked out.

Glad to hear all is well hun :hug:

Just sitting here having images of someone spontaneously conceiving... 'Well, I was just sitting there, minding my own business when 'Kablam' I was pregnant!' :rotfl:

M&Ms said:
Glad to hear all is well hun :hug:

Just sitting here having images of someone spontaneously conceiving... 'Well, I was just sitting there, minding my own business when 'Kablam' I was pregnant!' :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Think that's how my parents believed it happened - I guess for them thinking about their children having sex must be what its like for us having the horrible image of them doing it - not that mine do! :oops: :rotfl:

That is absolutely fantastic news, i am soooooo happy for you :cheer: :cheer:

:hug: :hug:

Thanks - I've just added the piccy as my avatar so you can all see.
This is 7w6 - measuring 15.2mm

Your scan pics amazing especially as your 7wks 6 ! Miy 12 week wasnt that good ! So glad everythings went well xx

MagicMarkers said:
Your scan pics amazing especially as your 7wks 6 ! Miy 12 week wasnt that good ! So glad everythings went well xx

It was an internal scan using a probe - I was amazed too. Ended up asking loads of questions and saw pics of my overies etc. The darkish triangular patch just up and right from Tidge's head is the 'bruise' which is where my bleedings coming from. Hope thats not TMI

At least they thoroughly explained what's going on and you got to see what was the cause of your bleed. That must be a huge weight off your mind to know exactly why it's happened.

Your scan pic is amazing...i'm v jealous!!! Oh well, only another 5 weeks to go, I must be patient :lol:

HannahD said:
At least they thoroughly explained what's going on and you got to see what was the cause of your bleed. That must be a huge weight off your mind to know exactly why it's happened.

Your scan pic is amazing...i'm v jealous!!! Oh well, only another 5 weeks to go, I must be patient :lol:

I was so relieved - they've no idea why there's a patch of old blood there but at least I know it's not baby related. I was actually quite glad I was bleeding at the time of the scan and that they found a reason why. On the EPU leaflet they handed me in the waiting room, it said the scan was for people experiencing bleeding or pain - my other half has never been convinced I was bleeding and kept saying 'are u sure it's not discharge?' - I felt a bit of a fraud in the waiting room - I told him I could tell the difference and funnily enough when I offered to show him the pad he declined.

Whole internal scan thing was a lot more dignified than I'd imagined and the staff were really nice.

Frog99 said:
I was so relieved - they've no idea why there's a patch of old blood there but at least I know it's not baby related. I was actually quite glad I was bleeding at the time of the scan and that they found a reason why. On the EPU leaflet they handed me in the waiting room, it said the scan was for people experiencing bleeding or pain - my other half has never been convinced I was bleeding and kept saying 'are u sure it's not discharge?' - I felt a bit of a fraud in the waiting room - I told him I could tell the difference and funnily enough when I offered to show him the pad he declined.

Whole internal scan thing was a lot more dignified than I'd imagined and the staff were really nice.

:rotfl: Did your OH turn a funny colour when you offered to show him?!!

It was good that it was still happening so they could see exactly what was going on. I know what you mean, my symptoms always seem to disappear whenever I go see my dr and it makes you feel like maybe it was all in your head....defiitely not in this case though.

At least you can start reading through your pregnancy bible knowing all is safe and well.

I have a big grin on my face, i'm so happy and relieved for you :hug:

HannahD said:
I have a big grin on my face, i'm so happy and relieved for you :hug:

Thanks so much - having to wait for the scan since Monday has seemed like an eternity. My mind was all over the place. I'm just so glad everything is ok!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back